IT Coordinator, Desktop Support
Department:: Information Technology
Locations:: Roxbury Crossing, MA
Posted:: Mar 18, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full Time
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community, including people of color, recent immigrants and non-traditional populations. The College's mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high-quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL, and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
The Desktop Support Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the day to day activities of Desktop support and Desktop IT teams. This position will help develop and sustain the desktop support function, leading a team of IT support technicians that support Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems running on PCs throughout Roxbury College. Applications range from the usual Microsoft Office applications to unique systems made to support our specific business needs.
This position requires previous leadership experience, and ability to demonstrate technical proficiency and ability in all aspects of IT systems. This position will require flexibility, proactive troubleshooting solutions, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Supervision Received: Manager of Technical and End User Services
Supervision Exercised: IT Support Staff
- Manage staff, including motivation, reviews, and training needs
- Maintain the highest level of customer support for the customer base through proactive management and implementation of the continuous improvement initiatives
- Respond to IT ticket request from Roxbury Community College employees
- Troubleshoot product and environmental issues
- Manage incident, request, change and problem tickets and reporting
- Answer phones and manage office of IT support staff
- User account management
- Partner with IT leadership to ensure team activities are in alignment with current business strategies/objectives.
- Streamline IT Support Processes
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States
- 2 years management experience supporting IT Staff
- 4 years of desktop support experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft OS
- Knowledge of enterprise desktop hardware
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Prior experience with service improvement/management
- Must be detailed-oriented and have the ability to handle multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position in order to receive further consideration.
This is a Non-unit Professional position.
Starting salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. The position includes a broad benefits package.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
To Apply: To ensure full consideration, send your resume, a letter of interest, and three references.
Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.