Information Systems Technology Adjunct Faculty
Locations:: Roxbury Crossing, MA
Posted:: Mar 28, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Part Time
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community, including people of color, recent immigrants and non-traditional populations. The College's mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high-quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL, and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Information Systems Technology Part-Time Faculty Position
Supervision Received: Reports to the Dean of STEM or the President's designee
- Provide instruction of his/her assigned course(s)
- Responsible for creating a classroom environment which fosters students' academic growth and guides their professional development.
- Responsible for the creation and revision of daily lesson plans.
- Responsible for accurate record keeping of student attendance and academic progress.
- Correct and return written assignments in a timely manner to students.
- Use online testing systems, and Learning Management System.
- Follow established institutional guidelines.
- Evaluate students to measure their progress in achieving course objectives and informs students in a timely manner of their progress.
- Keep current with Instructional Technology
- Maintains professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community.
- All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States
- Master's degree in Information Technology or related field
- One years teaching experience at the college level.
- Experience with Cisco and CISCO certification
- Working knowledge of Linux, Unix, and Microsoft Server
- Strength in Java, Visual Basic, and a variety of other computer programming languages, networking operations, and computer hardware systems.
- Teaching Experience at a Community College.
- Experience working with students from diverse social, cultural, and economic backgrounds who possess wide ranges of academic abilities and interests.
- Familiarity with Jenzabar or similar online learning applications.
The salary will be determined based on the guidelines and procedures of the Massachusetts Community College System and collective bargaining agreement. The position includes a broad benefits package.
Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.edu/clery.
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter