Department:: Enrollment Center
Locations:: Roxbury Crossing, MA
Posted:: Apr 26, 2019
Closes:: Aug 31, 2019 - 11:59 PM EDT
Type:: Full Time
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community including people of color, recent immigrants and nontraditional populations. The College mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Under the supervision of Director of Admissions, assist coordinating the admissions process. The Counselor in this role performs student admissions advising, administrative work, and is responsible for evaluating admission applications, interviewing applicants, evaluating transfer credits, recruiting students, and processing/maintaining documentation. Performs related work as directed.
- Provides information to applicants via telephone, walk-in visits, or scheduled appointments;
- Assist prospective students in selecting the program of study that best fits their educational needs;
- Facilitate the admissions process for new students to create a seamless matriculation experience
- Register students for placement tests and advising appointments
- Organizes information sessions, make presentations, and conduct recruitment activities;
- Promote programs through collaboration with selected local high schools
- Evaluates Applications of prospective students;
- Maintains a tracking process to keep all informed about the status of applicants
- Promotes Dual Enrollment Program through recruitment activities;
- Plans and conducts Technical Preparation Days for High school students visits;
- Processes Transfer Credits for technical preparation students upon enrollment in the College;
- Participates in Open Houses, and information sessions for admissions of students;
- Communicates with the Director and other department's employees, the current / prospective students, parents, faculty members and other Colleges to coordinate activities and exchanges information or resolve problems.
- All Candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States
- Bachelor's degree required
- Two years of full-time experience in recruiting, outreach, counseling and advising; (preferably in academic setting)
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills in a multi-cultural environment
- Highly experienced in Microsoft office, MS Word, Power Point, Excel and Access
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Possess general knowledge of the admissions process
- Occasional weekend and evening work required, and travel necessary
Roxbury Community College offers competitive salaries and full benefits according to the guidelines and procedures of the MCCC Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Starting date: ASAP
Application Deadline: June 14, 2019
Please note that this is a Full Time position.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery.
Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
Applicants MUST Submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- List of 3 References