Full Time Math Faculty
Locations:: Roxbury Crossing, MA
Posted:: Mar 22, 2019
Closes:: Jun 10, 2019 - 11:59 PM EDT
Type:: Full Time
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community, including peoples of color, recent immigrants and non-traditional populations. The College's mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high-quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL, and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
The faculty member will be responsible for providing instruction on a wide range of mathematics courses in the community college, including but not limited to, corequisite mathematics, calculus, and statistics.
Supervision Received: Reports to the Dean of STEM
Expected start date: Fall 2019
- Teach mathematics courses including co-requisite math, statistics, pre-calculus, calculus, and quantitative reasoning.
- Preparing syllabi and following course objectives for each course taught.
- Meeting deadlines for student progress reports, recommendations and grades.
- Hold office hours. Other essential functions Advise students.
- Attend division meetings and department meetings.
- Participate in college service.
- Hold office hours.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Master's degree in Mathematics, Mathematics Education, Engineering or related Science field.
- Three years teaching experience at the college level.
- Experience working with students from diverse social, cultural, and economic backgrounds who possess wide ranges of academic abilities and interests.
- Experience teaching corequisite mathematics courses.
- Familiarity with Jenzabar or similar online learning applications.
- Teaching Experience at a Community College.
- Demonstrated ability to provide diverse teaching methods to different learning styles
- Experience teaching Online courses.
- Experience using Open Educational Resources (OER)
Candidates who accept an interview are required to give a 30-minute lesson you would teach to a coreq stats or coreq precalculus class. The hiring committee will act as students for the candidate's lesson. Candidates are strongly encouraged to use learner centered methods. A smart board, computer and projector will be made available for the lesson.
The salary will be determined based on the guidelines and procedures of the Massachusetts Community College System and collective bargaining agreement. The position includes a broad benefits package.
Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.edu/clery. Application Instructions: Applicants MUST submit the following documents: Resume Cover letter Salary History List of 3 References
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter
- List of 3 References
Application Deadline: June 10, 2019