Adjunct Nursing Faculty - Clinical Faculty
Locations:: Roxbury Crossing, MA
Posted:: Jun 19, 2018
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Part Time
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community, including peoples of color, recent immigrants and non-traditional populations. The College's mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL, and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This position is responsible for instruction in all nursing courses. This includes, but is not limited to, preparation of didactic, skills and/or clinical preparation and teaching of nursing courses offered at the associate degree nursing and practical nursing certificate level in all delivery modalities.
The faculty member is responsible for developing educational and evaluation materials consistent with the philosophy and framework of the program, Roxbury Community College and in accordance with the Massachusetts Board of Nursing Registration and Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing. The faculty member participates in the review and evaluation of nursing courses and in the evaluation of student performance. He/she participates in departmental, division and college- related committees and activities. Each faculty member is responsible for maintaining current R.N. license and expertise in nursing.
Supervision Received: Director of Nursing
Supervision Exercised: none
- Demonstrates teaching effectiveness in the clinical areas of specialty.
- Develops instructional material consistent with course objectives and at the direction of the Nursing program.
- Collaborates with faculty colleagues and nursing program staff to develop, support and implement the philosophy, conceptual framework, objectives and policies of the program.
- Collaborates with all faculty colleagues to develop a nursing curriculum plan that shall provide a variety of learning experiences consistent with the program mission, philosophy and nursing education outcomes.
- Utilize a variety of appropriate teaching strategies to promote students' critical thinking skills.
- Evaluates student's clinical/lab performance according to established criteria.
- Serves as a professional role model for nursing students and potential nursing students.
- Attends on departmental, division, college, and statewide committees as needed.
- Maintains current expertise through professional development.
- Master of Science in Nursing degree from a regionally-accredited institution of higher education in the US.
- Current, valid and unencumbered RN licensure in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Five years nursing experience.
- Experience in urban, multicultural higher education, laboratory and clinical settings.
- Familiarity with multiple education modalities including simulation and online learning.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Evenings and weekend availability.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, and ability to learn new software requirements.
- Current and unencumbered Massachusetts Driver's License.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery.
Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
Compensation: The salary will be determined based on the guidelines and procedures of the Massachusetts Community College System and collective bargaining agreement.
To Apply: To ensure full consideration, submit your resume, a letter of interest, and three references.