We offer world-class facilities and an unrivaled spirit for business and industry. CU Boulder is ranked the #18th most entrepreneurial university in the nation by Forbes Magazine (2015). We also have strong connections to multiple national laboratories located here in Boulder, providing real-world research opportunities for students.What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeWe are searching for a motivated postdoc interested in developing a low-frequency communications atomic sensor. We are specifically interested in the detection of digitally encoded magnetic signals in the presence of strong signal attenuation and noise. The technology is based on optically-pumped atomic magnetometers (OPMs) used as small-size, highly-sensitive antennas.Benefits
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be StatementsBe Effective. Be Strategic. Be Boulder.What We Require
- You are about to complete your Ph.D. or have completed your Ph.D. within the last 2 years.
- Your interest and expertise lie in the development of scientific instruments.
- Expertise in CAD design, digital electronics, and optics recommended.
- Prior experience in the field of laser spectroscopy is a plus but not required.
- You are expected to work independently, to reliably plan and execute experiments and to adjust to a highly flexible and dynamic environment.
- Cover Letter
- Proof of Degree
- The document uploaded for Proof of Degree can be a Transcript which shows the date the degree was conferred; Copy of Diploma; or official letter from the Registrar or the Dean of the School or College conferring the degree
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.