Insights Manager, JWMI
Job location: VA Herndon (JWMI)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-06-05
Come join one of the fastest-growing executive education programs in the online world. A Princeton Review Top 20 MBA program, the Jack Welch Management Institute is revolutionizing leadership education and edtech, transforming how organizations train their managers, and helping working professionals learn immediately applicable, real-world business lessons from our time’s most celebrated leaders.
This person will play a key role in building both the data infrastructure and the analytical reporting capabilities of the organization. You will partner with executive leadership in every business function, from marketing and admissions, to curriculum, to our finance office and IT, to identify strategic business questions, key performance metrics, and actionable insights that will drive growth and efficiency.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who loves combining data exploration with exceptional business acumen to drive competitive, marketing and student insights that inform strategic decisions. The ideal candidate will be one part data programmer, one part analyst, and one part story-teller (with numbers). If you love looking at large volumes of data, helping others understand it and can use it to drive meaningful business results, we’d love to meet you!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fully own reporting, analysis, design, and maintenance of metrics and dashboards for marketing, admissions, business office, and student experience/online classroom
- Build comprehensive data sets that allow full funnel insights
- Analyze and elaborate the data to both data-savvy and non-savvy audiences
- Drive improvements, via hands-on exploration of data, in competitive landscape, advertising KPIs, admissions metrics, financial and business metrics.
- Research and apply critical thinking to industry trends, competitor dynamics and current events to provide relevant business insights
- Brainstorm new business that drive growth. This includes leading the strategic evaluation of opportunities and facilitating operational due diligence as necessary
- Ability to take loosely-defined business questions and answer them using complex data sets and analysis.
- Advanced Excel skills (VBA, macros, advanced formulas, pivot tables, charts), and the ability to upgrade skills on the fly.
- Expert level ability to write complex SQL queries to pull and organize data from our CRM and other systems.
- Experience structuring databases and data taxonomies, marrying multiple data sets from different systems and sources.
- Ability to program dashboards in Tableau or similar data visualization program to create visual representation of data trends that are instantly understandable to our executive team.
- Experience with API integrations is a plus.
- Ability to translate analysis into actionable results- conveying the ‘story’ from the data is as important as the analysis itself.
- 5+ years in a finance planning & analysis role, whether the focus was marketing, finance or another functional area
- Background in statistical analysis and experience in a Business-to-Consumer environment.
- B.S/B.A in a quantitative field a plus (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Engineering)
- MBA a plus
- Driven, organized, and adaptable self-starter, comfortable in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to distill down complex items into simple understanding
- Proactive, highly organized and being able to manage own time.
- Capacity to work independently and also in a team environment.
- Possess the ability to learn quickly and balance multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at [email protected]