Student Worker - Campus Life Assistant
Posting DetailsClassification Information Job TypeCollege Employment (CE)Min SalaryMid SalaryMax Salary Fund Information (Required) Fund1003Org100501Account400012Program60 Position Information Position TitleStudent Worker - Campus Life AssistantCampusChicago - Goose IslandIf other, please specifyHours per week20Start DateEnd DatePosition Summary
A Campus Life Assistant (CLA) serves as a facilitator of community development, educator, administrator, role model, and team member for the community of National Louis University. The CLA works collaboratively to create and maintain a safe, inclusive, and flourishing community of care and growth of the NLU community. In carrying out duties, the CLA is expected to treat other students, supervisors, and fellow employees with integrity, courtesy, and respect.Required Qualifications
• A full-time student carrying at least 12 hours and maintaining a cumulative grade point average of 2.5.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Ability to speak effectively before campus groups, and/or staff.
• Ability to solve practical problems day to day both in the office and throughout the community.
• Word processing, Excel, Email, Web browsing
• Provide superior customer service to the NLU community.
• Understand needs and expectations of NLU students.
• Be knowledgeable about campus and community resources and function as a source of information, making referrals as necessary.
• Participate in/complete monthly programming requirements as outlined by the Office of Campus Life
• Maintain a positive community environment for both students and employees.
• Help prep for events through the Office of Campus Life
• Assist other departments with projects when asked
• Participate in marketing events and promotions as outlined by the Office of Campus Life, including but not limited to attending on/off campus events, distributing flyers and building partnership relationships with local businesses.
• Build community and prospect engagement thought active use of the Campis Life social media outlets.
• Assist in New Student Orientation preparation such as stuffing folders, setting up, attendance, etc.
• Participate in Campus Life events
• Perform other duties as assigned
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in USA?
- * Are you currently enrolled (or soon to be enrolled) student at National Louis University and/or Kendall College?
- * What is your Student ID Number?
(Open Ended Question)