ASSISTANT DEAN FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION
Position DetailsPosition Details Job Title ASSISTANT DEAN Position Number 8101927 Job Category University Staff Job Type Full-Time FLSA Status Exempt Campus Chicago-Water Tower Campus Department Name INSTITUTE FOR PASTORAL STUDIES Location Code INSTITUTE OF PASTORAL STUDIES (03200A) Is this split and/or fully grant funded? No Duties and Responsibilities
Under general direction of the dean, is responsible for managing and directing the activities of fee-based continuing ed and grant programs, including staff, and part-time faculty designated as part of the Continuing Education division of IPS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses the needs of Archdiocese of Chicago, other dioceses and parishes, and national institutions with respect to continuing education and grant opportunities with special emphasis on under-served parish populations.
- Collaborates with various Loyola University Chicago schools, colleges, institutes, and centers in creating programs to meet archdiocesan, diocesan, Catholic institutional and parish needs
- Maintains regular contact with various constituencies to ensure that programs continue to meet expressed needs.
- Develops regular processes by which the success of the Continuing Education division and its programs are evaluated and measured.
- Recruits, supervises, and evaluates all semi-permanent and contractual positions of Continuing Education Programs.
- Participates in efforts to secure grant and other funding for Continuing Education programming. Tracks grant expenses and reports to granting organizations per contracted schedules.
- Participates in IPS-wide initiatives as needed.
- Represents the IPS Continuing Education division at various events.
- Attends IPS Faculty/Staff meetings.
- Performs related duties as required.
Masters degree and at least three to five years of progressively responsible experience in higher education administration required.Qualifications
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Graduate degree in pastoral studies or related area and at least 5 years managerial experience in diocesan or higher education setting.
-Teaching experience strongly preferred.
-Experience in developing structured learning objectives and applied curricula.
-The candidate should possess knowledge of higher education policies, curriculum, operations and procedures, particularly with regard to continuing and professional education.
-The ideal candidate will be conversant with group process and understand the role of Jesuit higher education.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
- Strong understanding of needs assessment/market research and analysis; office automation practices, procedure and equipment; of standard records maintenance procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; to build consensus around common goals; to react flexibly to shifting demands, to prepare accurate reports from various statistical, registration, or accounting documents.
- Skilled in composing various correspondence.
- Contribute to an atmosphere of pastoral warmth and hospitality.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) is not required but is an asset.
Proficiency with MS office suite required. Adept user of Internet, e-mail and other office automation systemsSupervisory Responsibilities Yes Required operation of university owned vehicles No Does this position require direct animal or patient contact? No Physical Demands None Working Conditions None Open Date 05/20/2019 Close Date Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link for Posting http://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/11064 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a Master's degree in a relevant field?
- * Do you possess a minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in higher education administration?
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application