Web and Graphic Designer
Tusculum University invites applications for a Web and Graphic Designer. The position maintains the university’s affiliated websites within the branding guidelines of the institution, collaborating as needed, with the Department of Information Services. The Web and Graphic Designer also helps, as needed with scheduling and processing of posts for all institution-affiliated social media accounts and with graphic design projects. In addition, this position assists with writing assignments, editing, photography and video.
The Web and Graphic Designer coordinates and collaborates with other members of the office and personnel within the Department of Information Services to assure seamless provision of services to students, faculty and staff of Tusculum University. The Web and Graphic Designer professionally represents Tusculum University on all digital platforms to key business, industry, community leaders and university faculty, staff and administration. This position performs other duties as assigned. Work is performed on campus. This position will report to the Director of Communications and Marketing.
This position will remain open until filled.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in information technology, communications, marketing, design or related field preferred; equivalent education and/or experience to potentially substitute for these requirements
• One to two years’ experience with increasing responsibility in web content, layout, and design, and graphic design
• Understanding of standard web languages
• Knowledge of W3C Web Standards, ADA and Sections 508 and 504 compliance
• Experience or knowledge of WordPress
• Demonstrated understanding of mobile-first design approach
• Experience in web design integrated into content management systems
• Knowledge of and proficiency with standard graphic design software as well as in-browser design methods
• Experience collaborating with other members of an organization to meet goals and outcomes
• Experience with taking and editing photographs
• Experience creating video content, a plus
• Experience developing virtual tours, a plus
HOW TO APPLY:
Only online applications will be accepted. Send a cover letter, CV, copies of transcripts, the names & contact information of 3-5 references, and Tusculum University application (This form can be located at the top of the web page https://www3.tusculum.edu/hr/employment-opportunities) electronically to [email protected] Attn: Web and Graphic Designer