Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness
Tusculum University, Tennessee’s first institution of higher learning, is accepting candidates for the position of Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness. At Tusculum, you will be challenged to innovate, engage, experiment, and persevere as you discover your own purpose. Along your path, you will be encouraged, empowered, supported, and inspired. New leadership at the board, presidential, and provost levels have reaffirmed Tusculum University’s path forward in its new Mission:
Building on a rich Presbyterian heritage and a pioneering spirit, Tusculum University provides and active and experiential education within a caring Christian environment to inspire Civic engagement, enrich personal lives, and equip career ready professionals.
The Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness enhances institutional effectiveness by meeting the data and analysis needs of executives, departmental administrators, and faculty. The Director directs the institutional research and effectiveness functions for the University and collaborates with others to ensure that the institution engages in ongoing, comprehensive, and integrated research-based planning and evaluation processes that (a) focus on institutional quality and effectiveness and (b) incorporate a systematic review of institutional goals and outcomes consistent with its mission. Serves as the institutional accreditation liaison to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). The Director is responsible for facilitating the completion of external data and survey requests and the preparation of specialized reports in compliance with state, federal, or other regulatory agencies
Only complete online applications will be reviewed. Position will remain open until filled.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s degree in a related field;
- At least five years of experience working in institutional research, effectiveness, or related field;
- Extensive experience in strategic planning, applied institutional research and analysis, and educational assessment;
- Experience in coordinating accreditation processes (SACSCOC, specialized accreditation, etc.), and in federal and state reporting requirements;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; define problems, collect data, establish observations and draw valid conclusions; and effectively present information to University constituencies and external audiences; and
- Demonstrated organizational skills in handling, directing, and prioritizing multiple and complex assignments and
- Strong knowledge of quantitative and qualitative measurement techniques with demonstrated command of statistics and advanced skills in using statistical and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Excel, SPSS, ).
- Proficient use of the Internet, e-mail, word processing (Microsoft Word) and presentation software (Microsoft PowerPoint).
Tusculum is an Equal Opportunity Employer, participates in E-Verify, and observes the guidelines as a Tennessee Drug Free Workplace employer. Applicants will be required to submit to substance abuse testing at a laboratory chosen by Tusculum University.
This position is subject to the results of pre-employment testing and a background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable) and credit history check (if applicable). If hired, the candidate will be required to submit proof of eligibility to work in the United States. All applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
HOW TO APPLY:
Only online applications will be accepted; it is not necessary to contact the campus. No phone calls or agency calls, please. The Hiring Department may contact qualified candidates at any time. Send a letter of application, resume, unofficial transcripts, the names of three references or three letters of recommendation by email, Tusculum University application and Authorization for Background Investigation and Fair Credit Reporting Rights Act Summary (These two forms can be located at the top of the web page https://www3.tusculum.edu/hr/employment-opportunities) electronically to [email protected] Attn: Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness