Associate Vice President of Institutional Advancement
- Tusculum University
- Greeneville, TN
- Faculty Jobs
- Health & Medical, Allied Health, Science & Technology, Chemistry & Biochemistry, Physical Sciences
- Executive Administration Jobs
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Athletics, Facilities Management & Sustainability, Safety & Security
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Founded in 1794, Tusculum is the first university in Tennessee, the twenty-eighth oldest in the nation and the oldest coeducational institutional affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (USA). Nine of Tusculum’s buildings and the Tusculum Arch on the wooded 140-acre main campus are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Our students and alumni span the globe, taking great pride in our pioneering heritage (We Are Pioneers) and Mission-focused culture; ‘Building on a rich Presbyterian heritage and a pioneering spirit, Tusculum University provides an active and experiential education within a caring Christian environment to inspire civic engagement, enrich personal lives, and equip career-ready professionals.’
BRIEF JOB SUMMARY:
The Associate Vice President for Institutional Advancement, serving as a member of the President’s Executive Cabinet, works closely with the President, Cabinet, and the Board of Trustees to ensure that the University strengthens and builds business relationships and has sufficient resources to carry out its mission. This position supports primary strategy, planning, and tactical elements leading all facets of the University’s advancement component, special events, endowment portfolio/prospects, and major gifts program such as; development, planned giving, alumni and community engagement, public relations/communications, and assist with campus ministries. This position serves as IA’s leader; managing team members, budgets, outreach and related resources.
- A Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred; with preferences given to Tusculum Alumni
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of tax and estate law helpful.
SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet assigned fundraising goals in principal gift portfolio
- Work in collaboration with internal/external advisors to help pinpoint strategy and goal setting
- Willing to travel frequently and work occasional weekends and evenings
- Ability to communicate superbly, effectively in various settings, with differing populations, demonstrating excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Promote the mission of Tusculum University to all faculty, staff, students and community at large.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and letter of interest to [email protected], attention Institutional Advancement
This Position will remain open until filled.
Working at Tusculum University
At Tennessee’s first college, join students from across the country and across the world who’ve come together to make a difference in their lives and the lives of others.
Our unique Civic Arts focus takes the liberal arts a step further in a nationally recognized approach to educating individuals of integrity and ideals.
A wide range of majors – from museum studies to nursing – are combined with service learning and travel opportunities, an Honors Program and a Bonner Leaders Program.
Plus Tusculum offers scores of student-run clubs and projects to prepare you for anything!
If you’re seeking a smaller college away from urban stress and suburban sameness, Tusculum is the right size and in the right place. A small college like ours encourages you to be who you are and to try new things, knowing you’ll never be lost in the crowd.
It’s easy to get involved at Tusculum. Organize campus events, become a resident assistant, direct a play, lead Freshman Orientation, hold an office in the Student Government Association, or join one of the many other clubs on campus.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert