Chief Human Resources Officer
Tusculum University is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO). This is a full-time position with primary responsibility for designing, implementing, and administering the personnel management functions of the University including compensation management, benefits management, workers’ compensation, employee onboarding, and performance management to position the University as an employer of choice. The CHRO guides and manages all Human Resources services, policies and programs, and serves as an advisor to administration to ensure proper employment practice and policies.
Building on a rich Presbyterian heritage and a pioneering spirit, Tusculum University’s mission is to provide an active and experiential education within a caring Christian environment to inspire civic engagement, enrich personal lives, and equip career-ready professionals.
Only complete online applications will be reviewed . This position will remain open until filled and the review of completed applications will begin on July 10, 2020.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Candidates are required to possess a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or Organizational Development; a master’s degree is preferred. Also required are the following:
- Minimum of at least 5 years’ experience as a HR Generalist or in a related field;
- Ability to provide strategic leadership of recruitment and retention practices with a cost-effective approach to compensation, benefits, and insurance;
- Experience directing human resources staff, providing strategic objectives, prioritizing workload, and evaluating the effectiveness of human resources programs and services;
- Demonstrated analytical skills and excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations related to human resources; experience in higher education at a private university preferred;
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, benefits negotiations and administration, safety, training, and /or labor relations;
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other HR recognition and engagement programs and processes; and
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
The ideal candidate will additionally be actively affiliated with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations, possess PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification; and have knowledge and experience with enterprise resource planning (ERP) software.
Tusculum is an Equal Opportunity Employer, participates in E-Verify, and observes the guidelines as a Tennessee Drug Free Workplace employer. Applicants will be required to submit to substance abuse testing at a laboratory chosen by Tusculum University.
This position is subject to the results of pre-employment testing and a background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable) and credit history check (if applicable). If hired, the candidate will be required to submit proof of eligibility to work in the United States. All applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
HOW TO APPLY:
Only online applications will be accepted. Send a cover letter, CV, copies of transcripts, the names & contact information of 3-5 references, Tusculum University application and Authorization for Background Investigation and Fair Credit Reporting Rights Act Summary (These two forms can be located at the top of the web page https://www3.tusculum.edu/hr/employment-opportunities) electronically to [email protected] Attn: Chief Human Resources Officer