Campus Safety Officer FT
Tusculum College is seeking applications for two full-time Campus Safety Officers. Responsibilities include: working to assure the safety and welfare of students, staff, faculty, invitees, and visitors on campus property, in campus facilities, and at institutional events by enforcing campus policies and regulations as set forth by the College. The position will serve as the primary emergency response personnel and information contact for the campus. Works with other professional staff assigned to the Campus Safety program during shift and liaises with the other campus entities having a role in campus management (e.g. student life, facilities management, technical support, etc.). Support educational outreach in the areas of safety and welfare.
Will remain open until filled
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to carry out said job duties
- A valid Tennessee driver’s license required
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Possession of a current State of Tennessee Security license (or eligibility for licensure)
- Previous security experience, or related guard, police officer, or military background preferred.
- CPR and First Aid training preferred
- Ability to express oneself by employing good English-language skills for oral communication and writing daily reports
- Ability to read and interpret printed information
- Maintain a calm demeanor in emergencies
- The ability to accurately recall events or certain situations for proceedings
- Strong ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and the general public
Tusculum is an Equal Opportunity Employer, participates in E-Verify, and observes the guidelines as a Tennessee Drug-Free Workplace employer. Applicants will be required to submit to substance abuse testing at a laboratory chosen by Tusculum University.
This position is subject to the results of pre-employment testing and a background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, and license verification. If hired, the candidate will be required to submit proof of eligibility to work in the United States. All applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
HOW TO APPLY:
Only online applications will be accepted. Send a letter of intent, resume, the names & contact information of 3-5 references, and Tusculum University application (located at the top of the web page https://www3.tusculum.edu/hr/employment-opportunities) electronically to email@example.com Attn: Campus Safety Officer – Full-time