Adjunct Faculty, College of Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner Program
The College of Nursing at Tusculum University invites applicants for an adjunct faculty position (online and face-to-face) in the Family Nurse Practitioner Program. This position will also serve part-time in the Tusculum University Student Health Clinic. Candidates should be passionate educators who can facilitate the needs of diverse learners.
Instructors are responsible for leveraging their expertise to deliver education services to students by:
- Implementing the Tusculum University mission and program curricula
- Teaching didactic and clinical courses in MSN Nurse Practitioner program
- Supporting student learning and development through coaching and mentoring
- Contributing to the ongoing development and evaluation of the programs including planning and evaluating specific course offerings
- Collaborating with graduate nursing faculty to ensure course and program-level quality
- Providing timely and specific student feedback according to department guidelines
- Serving in active clinical practice
- Maintaining current knowledge related to policies, process, and procedures in field of specialty
- Attending virtual and on-campus meetings as requested
Providers are responsible to perform medical services as a member of a physician-directed health care team specializing in family practice care through:
- Providing functional supervision of assigned nursing staff
- Providing outpatient ambulatory care for students
- Promoting preventive health care
- Participating in administrative conferences and staff meetings
- Attending continuing medical education seminars
The anticipated start date is Spring 2021.
Candidates must be a PhD- or DNP-prepared Family Nurse Practitioner with at least 2 years clinical experience as a nurse practitioner and prior teaching experience in a graduate-level program. This is a part-time, temporary position that may require day, evening and/or weekend availability.
Tusculum is an Equal Opportunity Employer, participates in E-Verify, and observes the guidelines as a Tennessee Drug Free Workplace employer. Applicants will be required to submit to substance abuse testing at a laboratory chosen by Tusculum University.
The position is subject to the results of pre-employment testing and a background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, license verification (if applicable) and credit history (if applicable). If hired, the candidate will be required to submit proof of eligibility to work in the United States. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a fulltime bases.
HOW TO APPLY:
Only online applications will be accepted. It is not necessary to contact the campus. No phone calls or agency calls, please. All adjunct faculty positions are filled based on course availability and Departmental need. The Hiring Department may contact qualified candidates at any time. Send letter of application, curriculum vitae, and statement of teaching philosophy, unofficial transcripts, and the names of three references or three letters of recommendation, Tusculum University application and Authorization for Background Investigation and Fair Credit Reporting Rights Act Summary (These two forms can be located at the top of the web page https://www3.tusculum.edu/hr/employment-opportunities) electronically to [email protected]sculum.edu [email protected]. ATTN: Adjunct Faculty, College of Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner Program.