Distance Learning Librarian/Library Webmaster
The Thomas J. Garland Library at Tusculum University is seeking applications for a Distance Learning Librarian/Library Webmaster. The librarian’s primary responsibilities will be to develop and provide instruction in information literacy, research, citation styles, and library instruction for the University’s Adult and Online programs and to maintain the library’s webpage and automated library systems.
Only complete online applications will be reviewed and must be received by September 27, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. Material received after this date and time will not be accepted.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
MLS/MSIS from an ALA-accredited program required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an academic library.
- Demonstrated ability to teach information literacy in the classroom and in online platforms.
- Ability to work independently and in groups.
- Experience in maintaining an automated library system and library website.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required in fulfillment of duties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to provide excellent service to students at all Tusculum University locations including Greeneville, Morristown and Knoxville.
Tusculum is an Equal Opportunity Employer, participates in E-Verify, and observes the guidelines as a Tennessee Drug Free Workplace employer. Applicants will be required to submit to substance abuse testing at a laboratory chosen by Tusculum University.
The position is subject to the results of pre-employment testing and background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, license verification (if applicable) and credit history (if applicable). If hired, the candidate will be required to submit proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
HOW TO APPLY:
Only online applications will be accepted. Send a cover letter, CV, copies of transcripts, the names & contact information of 3-5 references, Tusculum University application and FCRA (These two forms can be located at the top of the web page https://www3.tusculum.edu/hr/employment-opportunities) electronically to [email protected] Attn: Distance Learning Librarian/Library Webmaster