Provost/ Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Tusculum University
- Greeneville, TN
- Faculty Jobs
- Arts & Humanities, English Literature & Composition, Science & Technology, Chemistry & Biochemistry, Life Sciences
- Executive Administration Jobs
- Provosts, C-Level & Executive Directors, Vice Presidents
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Admissions & Enrollment, Athletics, Health & Medical Services
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
The Provost/VP of Academic Affairs has primary leadership responsibilities for strategic planning, implementing and coordinating educational programs, and academic affairs. The Provost/ Vice President must work closely with the executive cabinet, academic deans, other administrators, and members of the faculty. While managerial functions related to curriculum and instruction rest with the deans, the Provost serves as a leader in long-term planning of educational programs, assuring quality of instruction, selection and development of a distinguished faculty, and furthering the strategic objectives and academic goals of Tusculum University, as well as budgetary oversight of such.
As Chief Academic officer, this position provides emotionally-intelligent, inclusive, strengths-based leadership to inspire and support faculty and staff to develop, deliver, assess and continually improve community and student-centered curricula and programs. The Vice President works under the general direction of the President with line authority over all academic programs to exercise professional judgment within broad latitude for strategic action to ensure optimum attainment of Tusculum’s mission.
Education & Experience:
- A doctorate degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible administrative experience in a multi-department institution required
- Knowledge and understanding of regional accreditation required
- Knowledge and understanding of Southern Association of Colleges and Schools commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) accreditation standards and reaffirmation process
- Demonstrated competence in University teaching experience required.
How to apply:
Send a cover letter, CV , transcripts, and three references to: Tusculum University, Human Resources Attn: Provost/VPAA via email to: [email protected].
Working at Tusculum University
At Tennessee’s first college, join students from across the country and across the world who’ve come together to make a difference in their lives and the lives of others.
Our unique Civic Arts focus takes the liberal arts a step further in a nationally recognized approach to educating individuals of integrity and ideals.
A wide range of majors – from museum studies to nursing – are combined with service learning and travel opportunities, an Honors Program and a Bonner Leaders Program.
Plus Tusculum offers scores of student-run clubs and projects to prepare you for anything!
If you’re seeking a smaller college away from urban stress and suburban sameness, Tusculum is the right size and in the right place. A small college like ours encourages you to be who you are and to try new things, knowing you’ll never be lost in the crowd.
It’s easy to get involved at Tusculum. Organize campus events, become a resident assistant, direct a play, lead Freshman Orientation, hold an office in the Student Government Association, or join one of the many other clubs on campus.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert