Applications Support Specialist
Tusculum University is seeking an experienced Applications Support professional for the Greeneville, TN main campus to provide end-user and administrative support for all enterprise applications in both On Premises and SaaS environments.
The Applications Support Specialist works within a collaborative team in the Tusculum University Department of Information Systems for the purpose of providing support and analysis for enterprise applications. This role assists in the operational maintenance and coordination of all enterprise applications while maintaining appropriate communication with all stakeholder involved. The Applications Support Specialist contributes to process improvement efforts by gathering and analyzing data for both administrative and technical purposes. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of troubleshooting and solving customer issues, supporting Enterprise clients, have experience working with Internet Application and Database technologies, as well as networking and identity management. The candidate demonstrates perseverance and is motivated by new challenges and opportunities for growth. The candidate can maintain composure in high-pressure situations and expresses tact and empathy to others with a conscientious attitude. This position reports to the Director of Information Systems.
Only complete online applications will be reviewed, this position will remain open until filled.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related technical field / Industry Certification preferred but not required
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as software programmer or similar role
- Knowledge, understanding of and demonstrated competence, in SQL, MySQL or similar database systems
- Functional PHP and/or ASP.NET/C# open source development –Linux a must
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills; capable of writing proposals or papers, acting as a vendor liaison, making presentations to customer or client audiences or professional peers, working closely with the administrative team;
- Possess tact and the art of diplomacy;
- Strong organizational skills with emphasis on prioritization;
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely;
- Customer service oriented;
- Excellent analytical, organizational management, and communication skills, both oral, written and electronic;
- Demonstrated ability to build effective and collaborative relationships with a wide set of constituencies;
- Demonstrated ability to multitask; and
- Demonstrated commitment to integrated management
- Provide technical assistance as needed for troubleshooting and customer service
- Ensure technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Perform application configuration and installations
- Be primary point of contact for Enterprise clients and application vendors such as Ellucian Colleague and Campus Management/Anthology MIS, CRM, Canvas, Raiser’s Edge and associated applications
- Review, design, code, modify, secure and test reporting programs
- Work as vendor liaison in providing collaborative support, technical assistance and resolving functional issues
- Ensure reporting documents and deliverables are complete, current and stored properly
- Provide input regarding methods to increase operation efficiencies and technical product improvements
- Maintain and create documentation around technical troubleshooting and best practices
- Provide operational support for web site and web applications including hardware support for web servers
- Works collaboratively with Web Master/Marketing Department
- Works closely with Systems Administrator in provisioning of user accounts and systems maintenance including software, hardware and backups
- Works collaboratively with all IS staff to insure essential communications and coordination in all areas
- Promotes the missions of Tusculum University to all faculty, staff, students and community at large
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. You may be required to work occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds on occasion
- Communicate effectively
- Visual and auditory acuity with speaking and hearing Manual dexterity
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Able to sustain driving during the day and night
- Ability to follow and execute verbal and written instructions
- Must be able to walk distances, sit or stand for long periods of time, and climb stairs
- Must have reliable transportation to travel between campuses
- Ability to verbally speak and hear
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Tusculum University provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
The position is subject to the results of pre-employment testing and a background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, license verification (if applicable) and credit history (if applicable). If hired, the candidate will be required to submit proof of eligibility to work in the United States. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a fulltime basis.
HOW TO APPLY:
Only online applications will be accepted. It is not necessary to contact the campus. No phone calls or agency calls, please. The Hiring Department may contact qualified candidates at any time. Send letter of application, curriculum vitae, Authorization for Background Investigation and Fair Credit Reporting Rights Act Summary and the names of three references or three letters of recommendation, (These two forms can be located at the top of the web page https://www3.tusculum.edu/hr/employment-opportunities) electronically to [email protected]. ATTN: Applications Support Specialist