Campus Safety Sergeant
Tusculum University is seeking applications for a full-time Campus Safety Sergeant. Under the direction of the Chief of Campus Safety, the Sergeant of Campus Safety directs, coordinates and evaluates campus safety officers to ensure compliance with all certification requirements; promotes adherence to all university policies and procedures; and establishes a foundation for the accountability necessary to assure safety of students, staff, faculty, invitees, and visitors on campus property, in campus facilities, and at institutional events, by enforcing campus policies and regulations as set forth by the Institution. Reports to and assists the Chief of Campus Safety with promulgating rules and regulations for the department to achieve these expectations and coordinates and administers daily operational activities directly and through state certified safety officers.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of Pease Officer Standards Training (P.O.S.T.) certification from a State Law Enforcement Accreditation body preferred
- Three (3) years of law enforcement, correctional, security, emergency medical, emergency fire response experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience required (military experience will be considered)
- Previous managerial experience preferred
- Knowledge of emergency/disaster/recovery plans preferred
- CPR and First Aid training preferred
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license required, or ability to acquire license by start date.
Tusculum is an Equal Opportunity Employer, participates in E-Verify, and observes the guidelines as a Tennessee Drug Free Workplace employer. Applicants will be required to submit to substance abuse testing at a laboratory chosen by Tusculum University.
The position is subject to the results of pre-employment testing and background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, license verification (if applicable) and credit history (if applicable). If hired, the candidate will be required to submit proof of eligibility to work in the United States
HOW TO APPLY:
Only online applications will be accepted. Send cover letter, current resume, Tusculum University application and FCRA disclosure (Fair Credit Reporting Act) by email to [email protected] ATTN: Campus Safety Sergeant.