CAMPUS SAFETY OFFICER – Temporary
Tusculum University is seeking applications for a temporary Campus Safety Officer. Responsibilities include working to assure safety and welfare of students, staff, faculty, invitees, and visitors on campus property, in campus facilities, and at institutional events by enforcing campus policies and regulations as set forth by the University. The position will serve as the primary emergency response personnel and information contact for the campus. Works with other professional staff assigned to Campus Safety program during shift and liaises with the other campus entities having a role in campus management (e.g. student life, facilities management, technical support, etc.). Support educational outreach in the areas of safety and welfare.
Only completed online applications will be reviewed and must be received by September 20, 2019. Materials received after this date and time will not be accepted.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to carry out said job duties
- Valid driver’s license required
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Possession of a current State of Tennessee Security license (or eligibility for licensure)
- Previous security experience, or related guard, police officer or military background preferred.
- CPR and First Aid training preferred
- Ability to express oneself employing good English-language skills for oral communication and writing daily reports
- Ability to read and interpret printed information
- Calm demeanor that can be maintained in emergency situations
- The ability to accurately recall events or certain situations for proceedings
- Strong ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and the general public
- Must be able to walk or stand for extended periods in all weather conditions
- Must be able to able to lift and carry weight up to 30 lbs. on a routine basis
Tusculum is an Equal Opportunity Employer, participates in E-Verify, and observes the guidelines as a Tennessee Drug Free Workplace employer. Applicants will be required to submit to substance abuse testing at a laboratory chosen by Tusculum University.
The position is subject to the results of pre-employment testing and background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, license verification (if applicable) and credit history (if applicable). If hired, the candidate will be required to submit proof of eligibility to work in the United States
HOW TO APPLY:
Only online applications will be accepted. Send current resume, Tusculum University application, names and contact information for 3 references, Authorization for Background Investigation and Fair Credit Reporting Rights Act Summary. (These two forms can be located at the top of the web page https://www3.tusculum.edu/hr/employment-opportunities) for completion. These completed and signed documents should submitted electronically to [email protected] Attn: Campus Safety Officer – Temporary.