Part-Time Service Representative
Job location: Hyde Park Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-05-20
Department58706 CSL-Bursars OfficeAbout the UnitThe University of Chicago is one of the nation’s leading institutions of higher education and research. Campus and Student Life (CSL) is a division comprised of 20 departments that serve the University’s 5,000 undergraduate and 10,000 graduate and professional school students, as well as the campus community more broadly. CSL is importantly charged with the dual task of supporting all students in the University and managing multiple campus departments and services that serve the entire campus community. CSL’s programs and services focus on supporting student academic success, providing opportunities for personal growth and leadership development, developing community and engagement through the residential housing and dining program, and in areas such as artistic expression, community service, spiritual exploration, and athletic competition. The University of Chicago is located in the Hyde Park/South Kenwood neighborhood, a racially and economically diverse residential community of 43,000 people on the shores of Lake Michigan, about fifteen minutes south of downtown Chicago. Campus and Student Life (CSL) provides programs and services to all members of the University of Chicago community in all aspects of life outside the classroom, through enriching the lives of our students, staff and faculty members and contributing to a vibrant, collaborative, and diverse campus community that inspires excellence. CSL comprises 20 offices, which house, feed, support, counsel, and provide engagement opportunities for our students and University community members. CSL has a talented team of more than 350 staff members, all of whom are dedicated to ensuring that members of our University community, particularly our students, are poised for academic, personal and professional success.Job Information
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Service in the Office of the Bursar, the Service Representative is the first line of inquiry for general customer service. The Service Representative is responsible for responding to basic external service inquiries for all units within the Bursar’s office: Student Financial Services, Loan Collections, Loan Accounting, Administrative Office, Cashiering Operation, Technical Support, PCI compliance. The position is permanent part-time with the hours coinciding with peak service hours from 9-2PM M-F.
- Handle all general service inquiries and support for all units within the Bursar’s office by phone and email
- Directly respond to basic inquiries from students, alumni, campus personnel and any other persons contacting the office
- Direct inquiries that are not basic to the appropriate unit within the Bursar’s office
- Provide primary support and back up for Service Coordinator responsibilities when needed
- Compile data to submit weekly data reports for total and type of inquiries
- Utilize computer technology to document customer services interactions.
- Scan documents into the On Base scanning system for the department.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by supervisor
- Requires excellent customer service skills.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- High school diploma or associates degree and a minimum of three years’ experience in an office setting required.
- Excellent oral and written skills and customer service etiquette.
- Knowledge of Windows applications, including Word and Excel is a plus.
- Knowledge of computer system capabilities, business processes and work flow and spreadsheet analysis a plus.
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
$17.28 - $25.30Benefit EligibilityYesPay FrequencyHourlyPay RangePlease refer to Additional Requirements to see the pay rangesScheduled Weekly Hours25Union024- Local 743, I.B.T. ClericalJob is Exempt?NoDrug Test Required?NoDoes this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?NoHealth Screen Required?NoPosting Date2019-05-20-07:00Remove from Posting On or Before2019-11-20-08:00Posting Statement:The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.