SR. ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR
Posting DetailsPosting Details Reference Number 07-30956 Posted Job Title SR. ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR School Name Wharton School Org External Affairs Posted to the Web 05/18/2019 Posted Job/Salary Grade 028 Employment Type Exempt Hours N/A Position Type Full Time Position Schedule 9-5 Months 12 Position Length Ongoing Position End Date University Overview
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.School/Center Overview
The World’s First Business School
JOSEPH WHARTON, FOUNDER
In 1881, American entrepreneur and industrialist Joseph Wharton established the world’s first collegiate school of business at the University of Pennsylvania.
Wharton’s pioneering vision was to produce graduates who would become ‘pillars of the state, whether in private or in public life.’ The Wharton School maintains a long tradition of educating visionary business leaders in academia, business, government, and not-for-profit organizations.
Today, Wharton has expanded the scope of this vision to become the most comprehensive source of business knowledge in the world – with over 225 faculty members, 95,000 alumni, 5,000 students across 10 academic departments, 20 research centers, and more than 9,000 executive education participants annually. https://www.wharton.upenn.edu/
Senior Associate Director, Principal Giving & Campaign Leadership
The Wharton School Department of External Affairs at the University of Pennsylvania seeks an individual with excellent organization and communication skills to manage high level donor engagement and cultivation efforts. This position’s role is to sustain positive and mutually-rewarding relations between Wharton and its most significant philanthropic donors; oversee all administrative aspects of the capital campaign cabinet; be a strategy partner for campaign activity; oversee executive board pipeline management and maintain ongoing and active networking with internal and external constituencies. This is a full-time position reporting to the Senior Managing Director, Principal Giving.
* Provide organizational and strategic oversight, in concert with the senior director, on all aspects of the principal giving program.
* Serve as a point of contact for all capital campaign activities, including strategy and engagement.
* Work closely with Research to identify prospects to include in cultivation efforts and compile appropriate lists as requested by campaign leadership.
* Devise agendas and prepare leadership programing for campaign meetings. Systematize outreach and engagement, define and track key metrics for analysis.
* Develop pipeline and pyramid tracking strategies to ensure proper engagement and moves management for reporting purposes.
* Oversee all aspects of Executive Board pipeline management and liaise with key stakeholders to ensure seamless onboarding and execution.
* Partner with the Associate Director of Board Relations to ensure appropriate and consistent interaction with and recognition of donors and school leaders at the highest levels.
* Work closely with leadership to oversee Dean’s donor days in key markets.
* Develop and maintain systems which manage information, monitor activity and produce reports.
* Devise and use consistent, accurate, and appropriate information-sharing mechanisms for stewarding prospects and donors.
* Work closely with the stewardship and donor relations program with regard to cultivation, recognition and stewardship activities.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
* Minimum of five- seven years of experience, preferably in higher education (or a comparably complex organization), in development, stewardship, advancement services or related field. Previous experience interacting with donors or other high net worth individuals is required.
* Must possess excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills, and must be well-organized, motivated, exercise good judgment, solve problems, balance multiple tasks, and perform well under pressure and within time constraints with a high degree of accuracy and diplomacy.
* Proficiency in prioritizing and managing multiple, diverse and on-going projects.
* Good interpersonal skills and ability to appropriately manage sensitive and confidential information.
* Experience working with a complex donor database preferred.
* Must have a willingness to travel and work on occasional nights and weekends. A valid driver’s license is required.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job. Quick Link http://jobs.hr.upenn.edu/postings/46554 Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- [email protected]
- Contacted by a Penn Recruiter
- Referred by a Penn Employee
- Referred by a friend or family member
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Internet Advertisement
- Other Social Media Site
- Professional Affiliation/Trade Website
- Diversity Association/Publication Website
- Heard about it at a conference or career fair
- Apple One
- Recruitment and/or staffing agency
- * What is your highest level of education completed?
- Less than high school education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Vocational or Technical School
- Associate's Degree or Two Year College
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- PHD/MD/JD or equivalent doctoral degree
- * How many years of experience do you have related to this position?
- 0 to 1 Year
- 1 to 2 Years
- 2 to 3 Years
- 3 to 5 Years
- 5 to 7 Years
- 7 to 10 Years
- Over 10 Years
- Cover Letter