Faculty - Humanities (History)
Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting Number:Regular_0091053Position Title:Faculty - Humanities (History)Classification TitleFull Time FacultyMin SalaryMax SalarySalary TypeAnnuallyFLSAE = ExemptPosition Type:Position Summary:
Rowan Cabarrus Community College is seeking a full time History faculty member is expected to maintain high standards of professionalism and high academic standards of professionalism and high academic standards. At least 40 hours per week are to be spent in the following: direct instruction; preparation and evaluation of instruction; accessibility to students; committee assignments; advising and service to the college and community. Faculty may be assigned a teaching schedule that includes any college location, and at times that meet student, program and college needs.
Faculty member will be expected to teach various HIS prefix courses, including but not limited to: American History I & II as well as World Civilization I & II.Staff Required Education/Experience:Faculty Required Education/Experience Skills:
Master’s Degree in History preferred or Master’s degree in a related field with at least 18 graduate hours in History .Desired Education/Experience/Skills:Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must be proficient with technology in the classroom and also able to perform record keeping responsibilities.Department:Lib Arts - HumanitiesWork Hours:
VariesPosting Date:05/10/2019Closing Date:Open Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants selected for face to face interviews will be asked to prepare and deliver a teaching demonstration.
Position is to begin Fall 2019.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
1. Update, communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
2. Participate in professional development opportunities (selected or assigned) in order to enhance and apply knowledge/skills within the discipline, to effectively utilize required course technology and College applications, and to maintain licensures (as applicable).Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
3. Utilize College technology for the delivery of instruction and completion of operational processes; this includes but is not limited to the College’s learning management system, email and calendaring solution, document management system(s), student information system, and employee portals.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
4. Meet deadlines, including maintaining and submitting accurate class records, employee records/requests, and other assigned tasks.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
5. Successfully prepare, manage, and deliver course content in order to achieve course objectives, accommodate diverse learning styles, and meet administrative requirements. When applicable, ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with required supplies and equipment is in safe operating order.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
6. Actively engage students and provide prompt feedback in an objective, respectful, and effective manner.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
7. Work collaboratively with the College’s support services to identify and address the students’ academic support needs.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
8. Support student advising, registration and recruitment efforts, as appropriate or required.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
9. Facilitate a positive, student-centered, and professional environment among students, faculty and staff.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
10. Adhere to College policies and procedures.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
11. Follow the appropriate chain of supervision.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
12. Participate in College meetings, events, and committees as appropriate or required.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Website
- Newspaper Advertisement/Publication
- North Carolina Community College System Website
- Inside HigherEd
- Employee Referral
- * Do you have a Master’s Degree in History or a related field with 18 graduate hours in History?
- Transcript 1
- Teaching Philosophy
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
- Transcript 2