Faculty - Nursing
Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting Number:Regular_0091050Position Title:Faculty - NursingClassification TitleFull Time FacultyMin SalaryMax SalarySalary TypeAnnuallyFLSAE = ExemptPosition Type:Position Summary:
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is seeking a full-time Nursing Instructor. Nursing faculty are expected to participate in program and college activities, promote positive working relationships with clinical and community agencies, and maintain compliance with standards/criteria of approval/accreditation agencies. Other responsibilities include maintaining current/knowledge regarding nursing education and practice through self-evaluation and professional development.
The Nursing Faculty Member of the Nursing Education Programs report directly to the Director of Nursing Education. Faculty are responsible for teaching activities (class/lab and clinical) in accordance with NCBON Faculty Standard (21 NCAC 36.0318) and ACEN Standard 4. Assigned responsibilities are consistent with program needs, the faculty member’s area of nursing expertise, and program and college policies/structure.
Faculty member will be responsible for classroom teaching, clinical teaching, student advising, and any other duties as needed within the department.Staff Required Education/Experience:Faculty Required Education/Experience Skills:
Consistent with Educational Standards of the North Carolina Board of Nursing (21 NCAC 36.0318 and ACEN
Faculty" standard, 2.1) the nursing faculty must meet the following requirements:
1. Hold a current, unrestricted license or multistate licensure privilege to practice as a registered nurse in North Carolina.
2. Hold a master’s degree in nursing from an accredited institution.
3. Work experience includes two calendar years or the equivalent of full-time clinical experience as a registered nurse.
4. Have preparation in teaching and learning principles for adult education, including curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation, appropriate to assignment as specified in the educational standards for “Faculty” by the North Carolina Board of Nursing 21 NCAC 36.038 (e). This preparation may be demonstrated by one of the following:
A. Completion of 45 contact hours of continuing education courses;
B. Completion of a certificate program in nursing education;
C. Nine semester hours of education course work;
D. National certification in nursing education; or
E. Documentation of successful completion of structured, individualized development activities of at least 45 contact hours approved by the Board. Criteria for approval included content in the faculty role within the curriculum implementation, objectives to be met and evaluated, review of strategies for identified student population and expectations of student and faculty performance.
*If employed on or after July 1, 2006, faculty members have three years from date of employment to meet the requirements in subparagraph (e) (3) of this rule.
5. Maintain competence in the areas of assigned responsibility.
6. Recent employment in an acute care setting within the last 2 years.
7. Computer LiteracyDesired Education/Experience/Skills:Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Department:Asscociate Degree NursingWork Hours:
Rowan – NorthPosting Date:05/09/2019Closing Date:Open Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions to Applicants: Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
1. Update, communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
2. Participate in professional development opportunities (selected or assigned) in order to enhance and apply knowledge/skills within the discipline, to effectively utilize required course technology and College applications, and to maintain licensures (as applicable).Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
3. Utilize College technology for the delivery of instruction and completion of operational processes; this includes but is not limited to the College’s learning management system, email and calendaring solution, document management system(s), student information system, and employee portals.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
4. Meet deadlines, including maintaining and submitting accurate class records, employee records/requests, and other assigned tasks.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
5. Successfully prepare, manage, and deliver course content in order to achieve course objectives, accommodate diverse learning styles, and meet administrative requirements. When applicable, ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with required supplies and equipment is in safe operating order.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
6. Actively engage students and provide prompt feedback in an objective, respectful, and effective manner.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
7. Work collaboratively with the College’s support services to identify and address the students’ academic support needs.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
8. Support student advising, registration and recruitment efforts, as appropriate or required.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
9. Facilitate a positive, student-centered, and professional environment among students, faculty and staff.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
10. Adhere to College policies and procedures.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
11. Follow the appropriate chain of supervision.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
12. Participate in College meetings, events, and committees as appropriate or required.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Website
- Newspaper Advertisement/Publication
- North Carolina Community College System Website
- Inside HigherEd
- Employee Referral
- * Do you hold a Master's Degree in Nursing?
- * Do you hold a current, unrestricted license or multi-state licensure privilege to practice as a registered nurse in North Carolina?
- * How many years of teaching experience in a community college nursing program do you have?
- 0 - 2
- 2 - 5
- * Do you have work experience that includes two years or the equivalent of full-time clinical experience as a registered nurse?
- Transcript 1
- Teaching Philosophy
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
- Transcript 2