Adjunct Assistant Professor, Dental Assisting Program
Job Status:Open Title:Adjunct Assistant Professor, Dental Assisting Program Opportunity Type:Part-time Position Type:Adjunct Faculty Position Classification:Exempt Home Department:Dental Assisting Pay Grade:N/A Open until filled:Yes Overview:
Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live.
Under general supervision, the Adjunct Assistant develops, prepares and teaches a variety of coursework. Primary assignments consist of clinical dentistry, chair-side instruction, laboratory instruction and evaluation. The Adjunct Assistant also work to support ancillary program policies and procedures and assist the lead faculty within Dental Programs. Adjunct Faculty are employed on a term-by-term basis and may be assigned teaching duties at SF’s main Northwest campus or at any of the College’s six educational centers. Course offerings within the Dental Programs Department may be taught during the day or evening.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plan, organize, and deliver dental assisting instruction in didactic, laboratory and/or classroom settings to promote student success within a community college setting.
- Support and promote the college and departmental missions centered on excellence in teaching and learning through quality instruction, curriculum enhancement, and service.
- Collaborate with department chair, faculty, and peers to evaluate, revise, and develop curriculum to cultivate the mastery of course content.
- Provide students with frequent, timely assessment of and clear feedback regarding academic performance.
- Appropriately document student progress and maintain accurate records such as attendance, grading and achievement of student learning outcomes.
- Honor student confidentiality and privacy as per appropriate laws, regulations and college rules.
- Proctor exams, participate in departmental meetings, recruitment events, as well as college taskforces as necessary.
- Maintain appropriate office hours proportionate to the instructional assignment.
- Maintains effective communication within the College and the department or program.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
Reports to: Director, Dental ProgramsQualifications:
Required: Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) certification with current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification and at least one (1) year of chair-side, dental assisting experience. Clinical faculty are required to obtain a PPD screening prior to entering clinic, as well as an annual flu vaccination. A criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred: Two to five (2-5) years of clinical, dental assisting experience. Relevant teaching experience within a community college setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
Application Process: All applicants must complete the SF Employment Application, submit a letter of intent, an up-to-date resume, as well as current Dental Assisting National Board Certificate and CPR card through the job portal to be considered for this position. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes, official transcripts are required prior to any offer of employment being made.
All submitted materials will be routed to the following Job Contact:
Tina Treloar, Dental Programs DirectorRequired Documents:Certification(s), Resume/Curriculum Vitae