Assistant Swim Coach
Request/Posting Number 0712052
Classification Title Assistant Swim Coach
Job Class # 415200
Type of Position Administrative Professional
Percent Appointment: 1-100 (For Student Employment and Graduate Assistant Only; state hours per week) 100% FTE
Department Intercollegiate Athletics - 07130000
Job Category Staff
General Summary The assistant coach is responsible for assisting with various coaching, management, and administrative duties of the swim program as assigned by the Head Coach. The assistant coach is responsible for conducting any duties or activities with integrity and within the rules of the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA), the Missouri Valley Conference and/or Missouri Valley Football Conference (MVC or MVFC), the State of Illinois, Illinois State University, and the Athletics Department.
Required Qualifications 1. Proven ability to teach and coach fundamentals and advanced skills.
2. Proven ability to recruit nationally and internationally.
3. Thorough knowledge of NCAA Recruiting Rules.
4. Proven organizational and leadership ability.
5. Bachelor's degree.
6. CPR/AED and First Aid certified (or eligible for certification upon employment).
7. Must have passed the NCAA Division I recruiting exam ? or do so upon hire (must be renewed annually).
8. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Desired Qualifications: 1. Master's degree
2. One to two years of collegiate and/or club coaching experience (GA experience accepted).
Necessary Licenses/Certifications/Degrees Bachelor's degree
Hiring Rate/Range Commensurate with experience
Work Hours TBD - will include nights, weekends and holidays
Proposed Starting Date: ASAP
Posting date 05-15-2019
Closing date 05-24-2019
Special Instructions to Applicants All application materials must be submitted online. Application materials submitted via fax, email, or mail will not be accepted.
Please prepare in advance separate documents representing a cover letter, reference list (at least three professional references and contact information), and resume/C.V. to attach to this application.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity, and Access at 309-438-3383.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Contact Information Clay Gruenwald, Human Resources
Departmental Homepage www.GoRedbirds.com
Required Applicant Documents PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply For This Posting". Resume/C.V.
Optional Applicant Documents
Civil Service Test Not Applicable
Physical Requirements: Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
Ability to effectively communicate on a daily basis