Request/Posting Number 0712061
Classification Title Marketing Associate
Working Title Assistant Director of Marketing and Recruitment
Job Class # 015004
Type of Position Civil Service
Percent Appointment: 1-100 (For Student Employment and Graduate Assistant Only; state hours per week) 100
Department Mennonite College of Nursing - 05810000
Job Category Staff
General Summary The Assistant Director of Marketing and Recruitment supports the development and administration of comprehensive and effective marketing and recruitment initiatives in support of the Mennonite College of Nursing brand, its academic programs, research and strategic initiatives.
Additional Information: Under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Recruitment, the AD of Marketing and Recruitment assumes primary responsibilities for growth of the MCN brand through design, development and implementation of traditional and new media initiatives, including but not limited to:
-Digital and print advertising
-Web and social media initiatives
Additionally, this role will enhance the visibility of the college through:
-Development of audience-specific recruitment materials.
-Attendance at targeted college recruitment events.
-Supporting the development of critical relationships with community colleges and other key stakeholders.
-Support of email marketing and other prospect follow-up initiatives.
-Creative use of technology to enhance the prospective student experience.
-Maintenance of the MCN website.
-Collection, analysis, and utilization of data and analytics to inform strategy and decision-making.
Evening and weekend work, including travel, may be required.
**Note: This position is partially grant-funded through June of 2022, after which the College intends to fully fund the position.
Required Qualifications 1. Bachelor's degree in advertising, communications, marketing or design (verify with transcript).
2. Two (2) years of professional level work in marketing and/or advertising.
3. Two (2) years professional experience managing digital medium: website content, social media, or similar.
4. Two (2) years professional experience copywriting or writing for digital medium.
5. Superior written and verbal communication skills.
6. Professional fluency with Adobe Creative Cloud.
7. Fluency designing for web; HTML, UI, UX, SEO.
8. Excellent customer service skills; people-first orientation.
9. Punctual self-starter; able to work both autonomously and in teams.
10. Attention to detail and the capacity to handle multiple projects concurrently.
11. Demonstrated ability to represent the College with a high degree of professionalism.
12. Fluency with a variety of technology medium, including audio, video, mass email, and web.
13. Ability to collect, interpret, and use data to effectively inform and target recruitment effort.
14. Demonstrated experience using a web content management system (e.g., OUCampus, WordPress).
15. Effective writing skills for targeting web audiences.
16. Demonstrated ability to use Google Analytics to run reports on visits to the college website.
17. Demonstrated knowledge of publishing and design standards/ software.
18. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
*Note: Master's Degree in an area consistent with the duties of the position may be substituted for one (1) year (12 months) of work experience.
Desired Qualifications: 1. Master's Degree in Arts Technology, Design, Communications, Advertising or Marketing.
2. Prior experience in a university environment.
3. Prior digital advertising experience.
4. Marketing experience with a higher education focus.
Necessary Licenses/Certifications/Degrees 1. Bachelor's degree in advertising, communications, marketing or design (verify with transcript).
Hiring Rate/Range Commensure with Experience
Work Hours Typically 8:00am-4:30pm, Monday through Friday; Varying events and workload may require non-traditional hours
Proposed Starting Date: July 2019
Posting date 05-16-2019
Closing date 05-24-2019
Special Instructions to Applicants For full consideration, the application and all supplemental information MUST be submitted on-line. Application materials submitted via fax, e-mail, or mail will not be accepted. Please complete the entire employment application including the Education and Work History background. Please do not put "see resume" in the duties and responsibilities section of the work history. This will be considered an incomplete application and incomplete applications will not be considered. Only the employment application will be reviewed to determine if an applicant meets minimum qualifications. Please be complete in the duties and responsibilities section for each position listed. Incomplete applications WILL NOT be considered.
Please prepare a cover letter; resume; and reference list, including 3 professional references and contact information (phone/email), to attach to this application. These MUST be attached at the time of application.
The Civil Service examination for this classification is based on your application materials. No participation other than submission of applicant materials is required from applicants that qualify to take the exam. If you meet the minimum required qualifications for this position, you will receive a score calculated based on your education and experience, and your name will be placed on the active employment register by exam score. After the application deadline, the names within the top three scores will be referred to the department for interview.
The active register for this classification will be voided after the position is filled.
Copies of transcripts (may be unofficial) must be submitted by the deadline date in order to receive full consideration for this position. Transcripts may be submitted on-line or to the address/fax listed below.
To ensure consideration, documentation such DD214 paperwork (official military discharge) must be submitted by the posting closing date to Human Resources via mail, fax, email, or in person.
Illinois State University
Attn: Trish Trainor
Campus Box 1300
Normal, IL 61790-1300
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 309.438.7421, Attn: Trish Trainor
Please monitor your e-mail for changes to your application status.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at 309-438-3383.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Contact Information Trish Trainor
Required Applicant Documents PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply For This Posting". Resume/C.V.
Optional Applicant Documents Certification of Retirement Annuity (required for SURS annuitants only)
Civil Service Test 5004 - Marketing Associate
Physical Requirements: Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Ability to effectively communicate on a daily basis.
2. Ability to work for extended periods at computer workstation.
3. Ability to distinguish colors on a monitor.
4. Ability to use a computer in day-to-day work (i.e. type on a keyboard and use a mouse).
5. Ability to conduct or attend meetings in various locations across campus.
6. Ability to maintain a high level of concentration.