Family/Adult Nurse Practitioner / Instructor in the Non-Tenure Clinical Practice Track
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado l Anschutz Medical CampusCollege of NursingJob Title: Family/Adult Nurse Practitioner / Instructor in the Non-Tenure Clinical Practice TrackPosition #00683295 – Requisition 16399
Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The College of Nursing has an opening for part-time 0.50 FTE position as a Family/Adult Nurse Practitioner / Instructor in the Non-Tenure Clinical Practice Track with the Center for Dependency, Addiction and Rehabilitation (CeDAR).
The 0.5 FTE schedule is:
- Week 1= M, W, F, Sat & Sun. 4 hours, preferable in the afternoon
- Week 2= M-F 4 hours, preferable in the afternoon
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Nature of Work:The University of Colorado, College of Nursing, is seeking an experienced Family Nurse Practitioner’s (FNP) or Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP) / Instructor in the Non-Tenure Clinical Practice Track for a part-time, (0.50 FTE) primarily at the Center for Dependency, Addiction and Rehabilitation (CeDAR) located on the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, Colorado. Shifts are scheduled in 4 hour (afternoon) blocks and require weekend coverage (weekend coverage is in the afternoon for 4 hours two weekends per month). This position is clinic based as a healthcare provider. Additionally, the FNP/ANP will have a non-tenure clinical practice track appointment at the College of Nursing.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Serves as primary care provider for the clinic’s patient population
- Performs accurate physical examinations, evaluations, diagnoses, treatments, follow-up, and consultation.
- Coordinates the activities of patient care
- Obtains patient history and develops comprehensive plan of care
- Provides health education to patients, students, families, and/or community health practitioners and groups
- Provides leadership in design and implementation of integrated, interprofessional models of care delivery and evaluation of patient outcomes
- Participates in programmatic planning, developing specific evidence-based health policies and procedures
- Practices safety, environmental, and infection control methods
- Functions as a clinical preceptor and/or clinical instructor for health professions students
- Engages in following established clinical workflows and in quality improvement activities
- Collaborates on clinical peer review process
- Acute awareness of regulatory compliance and suggests plans for improvement
- Provides individualized client teaching and counseling utilizing evidence based practice.
- Identifies deviations from normal and consults as needed.
- Completes necessary documentation.
- Ensure strict compliance with University and professional policies/procedures
- Participates in selection of additional providers
- Conducts routine chart audits as required
- Adept at Electronic Health Records (EHR) and EHR trouble shooting, improvement processes, and downtime procedures.
- Attend Clinic, College of Nursing, and Clinical and Community Affairs meetings, as needed
- Serve as liaison between clinic and patients, collaborating physicians, community members, and others as needed
- Creates and Maintains CON AMION schedule for providers practicing at CeDAR site, as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This is a benefits eligible position.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Graduate degree from an accreditedschool of nursing
- Current Board certification as FNPor ANP
- Current Colorado RN and APNlicensures in good standing (any state)
- Could be working toward COclinical licenses during application process and registered with DORA-Departmentof Regulatory Agencies. Must have COlicensures by date of hire.
- Current Prescriptive Authority (RxN) Licensure (Any State)
- Must have Colorado RxN license by date of hire.
- Current DEA licensure
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in advanced practice
- Current BLS/CPR certification by date of hire
- Clinical experience in a family/adult/internal medicine carelocation
- Prior experience developing clinic protocols, policies, orprocedures
- Prior student precepting experience
- Prior experience working in an academic setting
- Must be willing and able to obtain Colorado RN and APN licenses bydate of hire.
- Must be willing and able to obtain Colorado RxN license by date ofhire.
- Must be willing and able to obtain current BLS/CPR certificationby date of hire.
- Must be willing and able to actively participation in health plancontracts.
- Must be willing and able to remain credentialed by the healthplans and ensure credentialing materials stay current.
- Must be willing and able to work in an ambulatory patient careenvironment with some exposure to biological hazards and infectious diseases.
- Must be willing and able to work weekends and holidays as neededper the above schedule.
- Considerable degree of independent judgment and work priorities isnecessary to monitor and respond to changes in a client’s condition.
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively with patients, theirfamilies, and other members of the health care team.
- Skilled in the use of the electronic medical health record andother clinic software
- Ability to actively participate in marketing and patientrecruitment
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: May 15, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing