Assistant Professor in Neurosurgery
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job TitleAssistant Professor in NeurosurgeryRequisition NumberFE01953Working TitleSpinal NeurosurgeonDepartment Name7H853:NEUROSURGERYWork LocationLexington, KYType of PositionFacultyPosition Time Status Full-TimeTenure Track StatusNon-Tenure TrackRequired Education
MD, DO, or equivalentRequired Related Experience
Completion of residency and fellowshipRequired License/Registration/Certification
Eligible for, or license to practice, medicine in the state of Kentucky
Board-certified or eligible in by the American Board of Neurological SurgeryJob Summary
The University of Kentucky Department of Neurosurgery is seeking an exceptional physician to join our faculty. The department is seeking a BE/BC neurosurgeon for an Assistant Professor level appointment with clinical and/or research interests in Complex Spinal Neurosurgery, including those with sub-specialty interests.
Please include a CV along with application. Applications will be reviewed immediately and will continue until the position is filled.Skills / Knowledge / AbilitiesDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/ExperienceDeadline to ApplyOpen Until FilledYesUniversity Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter