Assistant Coach, Women's Ice Hockey
The mission of Princeton University Department of Athletics is to strive for excellence in academics and athletics, while embracing equity in opportunity, good sportsmanship, and ethical conduct. In keeping with this mission, the role of the Assistant Coach of Women’s Ice Hockey is to provide a quality varsity program which will challenge and develop the physical, mental and personal abilities of student-athletes of a Division I program.Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head Coach of Women’s Ice Hockey, the responsibilities of the Assistant Coach of Women’s Ice Hockey at Princeton University include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in all aspects of coaching a nationally competitive Division I Women’s Ice Hockey program, including thorough knowledge of the sport, coaching strategies and player development.
- Assist in overall program planning and organization.
- Assist in recruitment of student-athletes on national and regional levels.
- Adhere to Ivy League, ECAC and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Work within the framework of the Department of Athletics administration and coaches.
- Communicate effectively with students, faculty, administration, staff and alumni.
- Coordinate team travel and develop itineraries.
- Assist with video breakdown.
- Other Administrative duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience coaching at the collegiate level.
- Commitment to Department of Athletics mission of Education Through Athletics and the values that define what it means to Be A TIGER.
- An understanding of the fundamental role that intercollegiate athletics, properly implemented, can play in the educational development of our student-athletes.
- Previous recruiting experience.
- Collegiate Ice Hockey experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Successfully pass NCAA recruiting examination within four months of hire.
- First Aid, AED, and CPR certification within four months of hire.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAWSalary GradeADC, 010Standard Weekly Hours36.25Eligible for OvertimeNoBenefits EligibleYesEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)NoEstimated Appointment End Date6/30/2019Comments Related to End DateAssistant coach contracts are renewed on an annual basis.Physical Capacity Exam RequiredNoValid Driver’s License RequiredYes