Post Doctoral Associate
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-07-24
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
CORE JOB SUMMARY
The Post Doctoral Associate performs scientific research and studies under the supervision of managing staff. Moreover, the Post Doctoral Associate promotes institutional recognition through literal contributions to the scientific community.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Conducts research on specific areas of study as assigned.
2. Prepares research reports and technical papers for publishing.
3. Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and theories.
4. Maintains substantial knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories.
5. Develops advanced analytical models and systems and provides solutions and analyses to support strategic and tactical decisions.
6. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
Certification and Licensing:
No prior experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data.
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:r5