(MCCC-Tenure Track) Nursing Faculty Member - Practical Nursing Certificate Program
Department:: Health Science Division
Locations:: Holyoke, MA
Posted:: May 17, 2019
Closes:: Jun 24, 2019 - 11:59 PM EDT
Ref. No.:: 19070
About Holyoke Community College:
Holyoke Community College: the opportunities you want; the future you're looking for.
For over 65 years, Holyoke Community College has been a gateway to quality education and career advancement. Seeking to realize their dreams and aspirations, more than 100,000 students have come through the open doors of the College. HCC offers over 100 different academic options.
The Commonwealth's oldest community college, Holyoke Community College serves more than 10,000 students annually in credit and noncredit programs and courses. The college has the highest transfer rate of any community college statewide, holding articulation agreements with more than 27 colleges and universities. Recognized for its Honors Program, distance learning curriculum, learning communities, and service to students, HCC also offers business development opportunities through the Kittredge Center for Business and Workforce Development.
Follows the policies and regulations of the governing institutions, Holyoke Community College (HCC), Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing (MA-BORN), and the Accreditation Commission of Nursing Education (ACEN) standards for the ASN and PN programs.
Under the direction of the Dean of Health Sciences, Director of Nursing and Program Chairs works collaboratively and collegially to provide instruction to the ASN and PN students in nursing theory, clinical and laboratory. Provides students with opportunities to acquire knowledge, develop clinical reasoning to make sound judgments, perform psychomotor skills, and demonstrate competency in the end-of-program student learning outcomes. Assist in data collection, analysis and aggregation of end-of-program student learning outcomes and program outcomes established by our governing institutions. Participate in curriculum development, ongoing program evaluation and the continuous review, development and improvement process. Engage in professional development, college and program orientation process, college service, strategic planning, nursing recruitment, and program admissions.
- Full participation in all components for BORN compliance/approval and ACEN accreditation including the Department of Nursing Systematic Evaluation Plan (SEP).
- Full participation in the development, revision and maintenance of the nursing curriculum and evaluation of outcomes.
- Assist in data collection, analysis and aggregation of EPSLO and PO to establish informed decision-making.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate policies that are consistent with the regulations of the parent institution, or with differences that are justified by the goals of the programs.
- Application of the NCLEX-RN and NCLEX-PN test plans in curriculum and test writing.
- Well-developed test writing skills in NCLEX and Next Gen format, exam blueprinting and analysis.
- Actively participates in college governance and Department of Nursing committees per MCCC contract.
- Knowledge of concept-based curriculum development and revisions including identifying program outcomes, developing competency statements, writing learning objectives, and selecting appropriate learning activities and evaluation strategies.
- Works effectively as part of the overall department demonstrating positive interpersonal relations, communication, collaborating with other faculty members to meet department and student needs.
- Contributes to the development of student recruitment, admission, and evaluates student program progression, retention and graduation completion rates.
- Engages in effective advisement and student support services by providing strategies that assist the learner to meet their professional goals.
- Participates in team based theory preparation utilizing a wide variety of teaching methodologies including informational technologies (Moodle platform), and active learning strategies for the integrated classroom for the ASN and PN students.
- Assigns, supervises, plans experiences and evaluates students in practice learning environments based on EPSLO.
- Assures safe nursing care is provided for an individuals or group of individuals.
- Promotes teamwork, collaboration and communication working relationships with practice learning environments for student learning experiences.
- Creates college laboratory learning experiences, to include hi and low-fidelity simulation, for student demonstration and evaluation of clinical nursing skills and student learning outcomes.
- Maintains expertise in area of clinical specialization with ongoing professional development and/or fieldwork.
- Maintains faculty requirements and faculty file updates annually. (CORI/SORI, drug screening, fingerprinting, MA RN license verification, liability and health insurance, MA DPH Health requirements, physical exam, evidence of scholarship, and CPR certification).
- Additional duties as required by the college.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master's degree in Nursing--eligible for unrestricted Massachusetts license; licensed by time of hire; minimum two years full-time clinical nursing experience or its equivalent within the last five years; evidence of clinical competence in the area of clinical instruction; commitment to support underrepresented students in nursing; demonstrated excellent teaching skills including using interactive and varied pedagogical strategies; teaching experience in higher education; confident and comfortable with technology based instruction including online coursework; commitment to teaching a student body diverse in abilities, age, ethnicity, race and sexual orientation; and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff & student body.
NOTES: A teaching demonstration will be part of the interview process.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Community college teaching experience.
COMPENSATION: Minimum $44,874 - $60,000*. Actual salary will be commensurate with education and experience in accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Full State benefits.
*LPN program requires work days beyond the academic year, including Winter Intercession. Compensation will be paid according to contract.
STARTING DATE: Fall, 2019
EQUIVALENCY STATEMENT: Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position.
Holyoke Community College is committed to excellence and opportunity through diversity in education and employment. Holyoke Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, and national origin, in its education programs or employment.
- All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. HCC is not sponsoring H1B Visa.
- Pre-Employment Background check, including Criminal History will be conducted for all positions.
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents via online:
- Letter of Interest (Cover Letter)
- List of references with names, email addresses, & telephone numbers of three professional references
DEADLINE: June 14, 2019. Applications are considered until position is filled.
Returning applicants - https://hcc.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp to check completed application.