Marketing and Communications Manager
The University of Denver (DU) has the distinction of being the oldest independent university in the Rocky Mountain region, giving it a tradition of 150 years of academic excellence. The University of Denver's college of professional and continuing studies, University College, is a leader in adult education, providing fully accredited and affordable educational opportunities specifically designed for busy adults since 1938.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing and Communications Manager manages the day-to-day creative development of internal and external marketing and communications initiatives. The individual will support the execution of marketing, branding, and communication efforts of University College and its partners, including writing and editing content such as emails and digital content, designing print and digital advertisements, and managing the execution of marketing campaigns. The individual will provide oversight of digital content including social media, as well as track and report on the performance of advertising efforts. The Marketing and Communications Manager will demonstrate skill in creating effective content and following best practices in marketing, and will align with University Colleges core values: honor the individual, champion learning, transform lives, work together, and pursue excellence.
- Manage Day-to-Day Content Development and Execution
- Responsible for managing the execution of strategic internal and external marketing and communication initiatives
- Write branded content for emails, advertisements, letters, brochures, flyers, and other materials as needed.
- Oversee accuracy of traditional and digital content, including social media strategy.
- Help develop and execute communication plans for credit and non-credit programs
- Design print collateral, digital advertisements, and other materials as needed
- Edit written pieces produced by internal stakeholders and University College partners
- Create or help produce video content for use on the web
- Oversee social media strategy
- Ensure accuracy of all content produced and alignment with University College and University of Denver brands
- Manage online ad campaigns, including writing content, choosing imagery, and tracking performance
- Assessment and Measurement
- Assess effectiveness of marketing channels and identify relevant target audiences.
- Track and report performance of advertising efforts.
- Supports work of Marketing and Communication office
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications and internal stakeholders in support of enrollment, recruitment, and retention efforts.
- Provide excellent service to internal stakeholders and University College partners
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Strong eye for design and ability to execute intermediate design tasks
- Strategic understanding of marketing, communications, and branding.
- Detail-oriented and creative while still managing multiple projects.
- Goal-oriented, entrepreneurial, and self-starter who is flexible.
- Strong leadership skills and is effective leading projects/initiatives, and collaborates easily with a variety of colleagues and stakeholders, including faculty, staff, students, and alumni. Effective at working independently.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to improve performance and processes, and pursues collaborations and initiatives. Anticipates challenges/issues, develops appropriate and effective solutions, and executes them.
- High degree of emotional intelligence, and strong intercultural appreciation and awareness
- Deep analytical, critical, and creative thinking ability.
- A strong work ethic, high level of professionalism, and can effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Strong data analysis orientation, including collecting, evaluating and interpreting, and using data to inform decision making.
- Bachelors degree.
- 3-5 years of marketing experience, preferably in an in-house marketing department.
- Experience in InDesign, Photoshop, or Illustrator.
- Masters degree in marketing, business, journalism, or a related field.
- 5+ years of marketing experience with higher education focus.
- Experience with Slate.
1. Standard office environment.
2. Unexpected interruptions occur often and stress level is moderate to high.
3. Noise level is quiet to moderate.
1. Ability to sit in front of a computer for an extended period of time.
2. Occasionally required to move about the office/campus with the capability of transporting objects up to 20 lbs.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on June 3, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- 2 Writing Samples (Blog post, Article, Ad, etc.)
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.