Chemistry Instructor (24453)
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location Mount St. Joseph University - Cincinnati, OHPosition Type Full TimeJob Category EducationDescription
Mount St. Joseph University invites applications for a full-time instructor in Chemistry. This full-time position runs from August 2019 to May 2020 and may be renewed. Teaching load is four courses a semester with an additional six office hours per week.
Responsibilities may include the following:
- Course instruction
- Grading for lecture and lab courses in either General Chemistry or General, Organic, and Biochemistry (GOB) courses
- Grading assignments
- Monitoring student participation
- Office hours
- Meetings with the Chair and/or faculty
- Adherence to department and university policies and procedures
- Maintaining open communication with students, staff, and faculty
- Maintaining the confidentiality of student information in accordance with FERPA
- Ability to use technology in teaching
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Master's degree in a related field (Ph.D. preferred)
Experience: Substantial work experience in the field
A demonstrated ability and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Please upload an e-note stating your interests and your ability to teach day and/or night courses, your resume or curriculum vitae, and at least three professional references.
Transcripts will be required when new hire forms are completed, and successful completion of a background check will be required prior to the date of hire.
This is a pooled position that will remain open. You will be contacted if specific opportunities are available.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer