Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dickinson College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for this position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.Posting Details Position Information Posting Number S00849 Position Title Door Checker/Monitor Working Title Position Number Pay Grade/Category Contributor A Position Type Non-exempt Division and Department Information Division Finance and Administration Department Dining Services Posting Information Job Summary/Basic Function
The primary purpose of a Door Checker is to energetically greet each guest passing through the Dining Hall doors, while processing their payment, whether it be swiping a Dickinson ID card, collecting cash, or running a credit card. The Door Checker should make every effort to positively engage the guest with light conversation while facilitating the flow of customers through the door.
- Greet guests with a positive attitude.
- Collect payment from each guest via ID swipe, credit card, or cash.
- Ability to sit or stand in place for up to 3 hours at a time.
- Ability to count money before and after shift and use calculator to complete total sales sheet.
- Must be able to work up to 29 hours per week.
- Must be flexible in work scheduling. Evenings and weekends required.
- Must be willing to help wipe dining room tables and chairs, as needed.
- Must be willing to work several holiday dinners and seasonal outdoor picnics throughout the academic year. These events occur approximately 2-3 per semester. Must be willing to work the buffet serving lines for these events, when needed, by standing in place near the buffet to help re-stock items for up to 3 hours at a time.
- This position is designated as “emergency response personnel”. “Emergency response personnel” are required to report to work when the college is delayed or closed. They may also be called in at any time of the day to respond to weather and/or other types of emergencies as needed.
This position will occasionally work in the Grab & Go area.
Grab & Go Duties include all of the above duties plus:
- Setup Grab & Go before meal periods by stocking food and beverage products.
- During meal periods, wipe counters, stock food and beverage products and maintain a sanitary work space.
- Close Grab & Go after meal periods by storing food and beverage products and sanitizing all surfaces.
High school diploma or GED is preferred.
Retail operations, specifically use of a cash register and credit card machine, and/or customer service experience will substitute for a high school diploma or GED.A valid Driver's Licence is required. Employees (operators) must have been in possession of a valid operator’s license for not less than three (3) years and the license must have been in good standing without interruption during that time period. No Successful candidate will also be required to complete ACT 153 Clearance No This position is considered "Emergency Staff." As such they may be required to report to work even when the college is closed or is operating under a delayed start. Yes Physical Demands Work Schedule Advertised Work Schedule
4-5 days per week, up to 7 hours per day and up to 29 hours per week. Evenings and weekends a must. Will rotate weekends with other door checkers.Number of hours/day Varies; up to 7 hours Number of hours/week Up to 29 hours Proposed Start Date 06/17/2019 Posting Detail Information Posting Date Open Until Filled Yes Closing Date Application Review Begin Date 05/16/2019 Is this a Temporary Position? No Full-Time/Part-Time Part Time If Full-Time, please specify Not Applicable If Part-Time, please specify 12 month part-time EEO/Diversity Statement
The College is committed to building a representative and diverse faculty, administrative staff, and student body. We encourage applications from all qualified persons.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- CASE (Council for Advancement & Support of Education)
- Consortium for Faculty Diversity
- Employee Referral
- Jobs at Dickinson (http://jobs.dickinson.edu)
- Monster Jobs (monster.com)
- Patriot News
- Referral from Dickinson staff, faculty, friend or family member
- Sentinel Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Yahoo Jobs
- The Guide
- Other Website
- Inside Higher Ed
- Another College website
- Academic Careers
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application