Mechanical Plumbing Technician
Mechanical Plumbing Technician
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dickinson College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for this position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.Posting Details Position Information Posting Number S00846 Position Title Mechanical Plumbing Technician Working Title Position Number VF9897 Pay Grade/Category Sr. Contributor / Administrator B Position Type Non-exempt Division and Department Information Division Finance and Administration Department Facilities Management Posting Information Job Summary/Basic Function
Performs work on plumbing and piping systems, to include supply and drains, transporting liquids, gases, and steam. Also related fixtures, controls and metering equipment.
- Maintains, repairs, and installs Potable water systems and related equipment.
- Maintains, repairs and installs sewage and storm water systems and related equipment.
- Maintains and repairs Sprinkler systems and related equipment.
- Performs pipe and tubing joining including soldering, brazing, compression, flare and other methods common to the trade.
- Maintains, repairs and installs gas systems to include compressed air, natural gas and vacuum. works on systems that supply laboratories.
- Monitors and maintains equipment and chemicals for treatment of pool water.
- Keep detailed records of materials and labor time. Input data into work order system.
- Assist in snow removal seasonally. Provide coverage for shift/trades as needed for vacations and extra events/assist other trades as required. Assist in installation of Window ac units as needed and available.
High School Diploma or GEDPreferred:
Vocational or technical certificate/degree in the plumbing field
Valid Drivers License: Employees (operators) must have been in possession of a valid operator’s license for not less than three (3) years and the license must have been in good standing without interruption during that time period.
Successful candidate will also be required to complete ACT 153 Clearance.
Must be able to use computers and common programsA valid Driver's Licence is required. Employees (operators) must have been in possession of a valid operator’s license for not less than three (3) years and the license must have been in good standing without interruption during that time period. Yes Successful candidate will also be required to complete ACT 153 Clearance Yes This position is considered "Emergency Staff." As such they may be required to report to work even when the college is closed or is operating under a delayed start. Yes Physical Demands Work Schedule Advertised Work Schedule
Monday – Friday
7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday every 9 weeks
5:30 p.m. – 2:00 a.m.
The College is committed to building a representative and diverse faculty, administrative staff, and student body. We encourage applications from all qualified persons.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- CASE (Council for Advancement & Support of Education)
- Consortium for Faculty Diversity
- Employee Referral
- Jobs at Dickinson (http://jobs.dickinson.edu)
- Monster Jobs (monster.com)
- Patriot News
- Referral from Dickinson staff, faculty, friend or family member
- Sentinel Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Yahoo Jobs
- The Guide
- Other Website
- Inside Higher Ed
- Another College website
- Academic Careers
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application