Regional Development Officer
Regional Development Officer
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dickinson College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for this position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.Posting Details Position Information Posting NumberS00848Position TitleRegional Development OfficerWorking TitleRegional Development OfficerPosition NumberPay Grade/CategoryIntermediate Administrator BPosition TypeExempt Division and Department Information DivisionCollege AdvancementDepartmentIndividual Giving Posting Information Job Summary/Basic Function
The Regional Development Officer Metro New York area will be assigned to a geographic territory and will work with a Senior Advancement Officer to cultivate and solicit major gift prospects, manage a regional volunteer council, and increase alumni and parent engagement with the college. Based upon experience, the RDO may have the option to live in the assigned
- Serve as a highly visible, knowledgeable, and articulate representative of Dickinson College with the objective of building a community of donors within the assigned geographic region.
- Identify, qualify, track, cultivate and solicit potential donors and donors capable of pledging $25,000 or more. Coordinate
and maintain a visit schedule of 10 to 14 prospect visits per month. Solicitation goals will be set on an annual basis and will
be based on specific donor situations. Caseload will comprise approximately 150 prospects with known capacity of $25,000
or more. Develop individual cultivation and solicitation strategies for each of the top 25 prospects within the assigned caseload, including a written strategy.
- Oversee regional philanthropic volunteer in the assigned geographic territory.
- Support a group of diverse and dynamic leaders that can be called upon as a resource for engagement, advocacy and
- Work collaboratively with key leaders to establish meeting agenda discussion topics, responsibilities and assessment metrics.
- Identify, qualify and cultivate emerging leaders in the region with the intention of building a Major Gifts pipeline.
- Coordinate with Donor Relations and the Office of Alumni Relations to strategize and implement engagement and stewardship events in the region.
- Maintain a working knowledge of institutional priorities that may match donor passion and interest.
- Attend major Advancement on-campus events and meetings. These include, but are not limited to; Homecoming & Family Weekend, Alumni Weekend, annual retreats, regularly scheduled meetings, Commencement, and the Scholarship Luncheon.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
The College is committed to building a representative and diverse faculty, administrative staff, and student body. We encourage applications from all qualified persons.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- CASE (Council for Advancement & Support of Education)
- Consortium for Faculty Diversity
- Employee Referral
- Jobs at Dickinson (http://jobs.dickinson.edu)
- Monster Jobs (monster.com)
- Patriot News
- Referral from Dickinson staff, faculty, friend or family member
- Sentinel Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Yahoo Jobs
- The Guide
- Other Website
- Inside Higher Ed
- Another College website
- Academic Careers
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application