Assistant Professor, Graphic Design, Tenure-Track (Fall 2019)- Internal Candidates Only
Position Title:Assistant Professor, Graphic Design, Tenure-Track (Fall 2019)- Internal Candidates Only Position Number:10043832 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Gainesville General Summary:
The Department of Visual Arts at the University of North Georgia, Gainesville Campus, invites applications for an Assistant Professor, Tenure-Track, in Graphic Design.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Applicants must include web addresses or hyperlinks to their portfolios, as well as examples of student works. These can be included either in the cover letter, or as part of the CV.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- The successful applicant will teach all levels of undergraduate graphic design, as well as courses in the department’s studio foundations program as needed.
- Normal teaching load is three studio classes per semester.
- The candidate will also conduct ongoing professional research and creative activities, be responsible for student advising, and carry out service within the department, university, and community.
- The successful candidate must be willing to teach courses on both the Dahlonega and Gainesville campuses—course scheduling would take into account the time and distance involved.
- Master of Fine Arts Degree with a minimum of 18 semester (27 quarter) hours of graduate course work in Graphic Design is required.
- Applicants must have a minimum of two (2) years college-level teaching experience.
- Ability to work with community organizations, and demonstrated commitment to working effectively with a diverse student population is required.
- Ability to teach foundational to topic and skill specific graphic design, including typography and the full Adobe Creative Suite is required.
- Experience with Blender, Maya or ZBrush is a plus.
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
In addition to a background check, this position will also require a DMV check Employer Information:All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.