Confidential Human Resources Specialist II (Extended)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Posting Title Confidential Human Resources Specialist II (Extended) Location Los Rios Community College District (District Office) Department Location Human Resources Posting Number C00868P The Institution
The Los Rios Community College District is the second largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The district’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the district offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios district office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work!
The district has approximately 4,000 employees through our four colleges and district office in dozens of different departments that support students at our four colleges and provide welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees and our community partners. Each and every district and college department strives for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and is focused on improving educational outcomes for the students we serve.
Our colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associates degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
A lead level class of the series. Incumbent is an experienced Confidential Human Resources Specialist I or equivalent who, under general supervision of assigned manager/supervisor, performs a variety of complex technical support duties of the Human Resources Department; assignments require ability to proceed independently in the execution of tasks and coordination of assigned area(s); assign and review work of regular and temporary staff. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Human Resources department, on the recruitment team.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 21 days’ vacation yearly and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies.
The recruitment team processes internal and external employment opportunities for the entire Los Rios Community College District – all colleges, educational centers, the District Office, Police Department, and Facilities Management.
The Confidential Human Resources Specialist II will work closely with the Confidential Human Resources Officer for Recruitment on all recruitment and hiring processes for all permanent employee groups – administrative/executive, classified, and faculty. As well as temporary employee groups – adjunct faculty and temporary staff.Assignment Responsibilities
● Completes and processes technical transactions.
● Monitors and controls activities according to District policy and procedures, federal and state rules and regulations, and collective bargaining agreements.
● Identifies issues and concerns relating to operations, human resources procedures, and coordinate the resolution of issues.
● Prepares and maintains operational policies, procedures, and systems.
● Maintains personnel files.
● Reviews college transcripts, credentials, assesses course work and work experience for salary placement, and to determine if minimum qualifications and other employment requirements are met.
● Screens applicant pools for minimum qualifications.
● Provides orientations and workshops.
● Prepares human resources board agenda items.
● Enters, maintains, and extracts accurate employee and applicant information using the human resources information systems.
● Assists with the review, analysis, and updating of the human resources information systems.
● Serves as liaison between human resources and computer support services.
● Represents department in meeting.
● Updates Human Resources web pages.
● Assists with determining appropriate faculty service areas.
● Extracts, researches, and analyzes data for reports and employment negotiations.
● Performs special projects.
● Prepares correspondence and reports.
● Oversees work of temporary staff.
● Performs related duties as assigned.
● Level of difficulty.
● Variety and complexity of assigned tasks.
● Independence of actions and decisions.
● Impact of decisions made in the course of duties.
● Incumbents in the position of Confidential Human Resources Specialist are designated as confidential employees.
● In the regular course of their duties they have access to, or, possess information relating to the District’s employer-employee relations and also support management in the administration of district programs.
● Works at the Confidential Human Resources Specialist levels requires a greater depth of knowledge and analysis and is performed with greater independence.
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – FridayTotal Hrs per Week/Day 40 hours per week Special Requirements Minimum Qualifications
EXPERIENCE: Three years of experience related to the representative duties of the position.
Promotional: One year of experience with Los Rios Community College District as a Confidential Human Resources Specialist I. (Promotional applies to regular, current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
EDUCATION: Completion of two years of college from an accredited institution with a minimum of 12 units in business, human resources/personnel administration, public administration or related field. (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.)
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)Application Instructions
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Resume (recommended).
3. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required if using education to meet the Minimum Qualifications of this position).
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
5. Letter of Interest (recommended).
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as official transcripts.
● It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position. (Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position)
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.Physical Demands Salary $4,245.38 per month LRCCD Salary Schedules Additional Salary Information No additional salary information to note Posting Detail Information Posting Date 05/13/2019 Closing Date 05/20/2019 Open Continuously No Beginning and/or Ending Dates
N/AHow and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date.Conditions
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.Quicklink http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/10898 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Criminal History Verification and Release: I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to complete the form "Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime", P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed, copy and paste the provided link, for the form <a href="http://wserver.losrios.edu/hr/forms/P-881,10-2013.pdf" target="_blank">http://wserver.losrios.edu/hr/forms/P-881,10-2013.pdf</a> and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to – where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document