Weekend Evening Housekeeper - 3:30 p.m.-Midnight
Weekend Evening Housekeeper - 3:30 p.m.-MidnightTracking Code190532 Job Description
A Housekeeper independently performs general cleaning duties to promote cleanliness, health, and safety in campus buildings and facilities, which includes cleaning carpets, hard surfaces, restrooms, furnishings, and office supplies, and collecting and disposing of trash, recycling, and other waste products.
General Position Responsibilities:
- Vacuuming, spotting, shampooing and extractions of carpet
- Mopping, sweeping, power scrubbing, stripping, polishing, and refinishing of hard surfaces
- Cleaning and sanitizing restrooms using established cleaning practices and procedures
- Cleaning and dusting windows, furnishings, walls, light fixtures, whiteboards, blackboards, and woodwork
- Moving supplies and furniture in order to clean around and under objects, which requires lifting (See Below)
- Assisting with set up for campus events & meetings across the campus as required
- Following established safety procedures and wearing proper protective equipment
- Shoveling snow and removing ice from doorways and sidewalks, as needed
- Attending department meetings
- Supporting the policies, procedures and practices established by the College and its organizational division and departments
- May serve on college committees
- Background check required for all positions
Specific Position Responsibilities:
Perform specific duties on a daily basis as directed by position supervisor(s).Required Skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to understand and follow instructions & dilution information from cleaning solutions and other supplies and equipment in English
- Must have basic knowledge of basic chemicals used in housekeeping procedures
- Ability to safely operate vacuums, floor machines, and extraction equipment
- Three months to one year of housekeeping work experience
- Experience with use of personal computers
Valid driver’s license and an acceptable motor vehicle record
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.Job Location Overland Park, Kansas, United StatesPosition TypePart-Time