Lab Aide, Fine Arts
Lab Aide, Fine ArtsTracking Code190531 Job Description
This position will support the Fine Arts program by multi-tasking many responsibilities in the Painting, Drawing & Sculpture studios, including but not limited to, taking a significant role in the smooth operation of the facilities in the Fine Arts & Design Studios at JCCC. Duties include supervising open lab hours, managing inventory, maintaining equipment, maintaining labs and studios, assisting students & faculty, and assisting with installing and de-installing exhibitions.Required Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Fine Art or related field
- Must be familiar with the safety protocols for the materials and equipment used in the Painting, Drawing & Sculpture studios
- Familiarity with the college environment, especially fine arts instruction
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- General knowledge of Fine Art Studio Maintenance
- General knowledge of Fine Art Safety/ Hazards
- Problem solving skills
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Clerical & organizational skills
- Evidence of reliability
- Ability to work with college students for long hours (lab monitoring).
- Ability to recognize when problems arise and communicate problems promptly to Department Chair or Program Coordinators.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.Job Location Overland Park, Kansas, United StatesPosition TypePart-Time