Part-time LibrarianTracking Code190538 Job Description
1) Provides reference services using a variety of mediums and sources and provide assistance with technologies used for accessing research
2) Conducts library bibliographic instruction to individuals and to classes
3) Works with library team to provide reference desk coverage both independently and in cooperation with other library staff
4) Keeps reference and library instruction statistics
- Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution required
- Experience with automated library systems
- Experience searching electronic databases and the Internet
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the mission of a comprehensive community college
- Experience in an academic setting
- Teaching or bibliographic instruction experience
- Experience using Learning Management Systems and Microsoft Office application
- One year of experience working in a Library
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.Job Location Overland Park, Kansas, United StatesPosition TypePart-Time