Social Media and Content Coordinator
Social Media and Content CoordinatorTracking Code190535 Job Description
The Social Media and Content Coordinator actively creates and maintains a strong comprehensive media presence for the College. The team member will create compelling content to be distributed via online channels to increase web traffic, brand awareness and to drive engagement with a focus on external advertising campaigns.
The coordinator will maintain the social media standards and playbook for the College, while maintaining a strong social media presence and social advertising campaigns focused on engagement. Collaboration among team, peers and all departments is critical. Managing multiple assignments independently, crafting compelling messages across multiple platforms, editing content and shaping content on behalf of the College are keys to success.
The coordinator will take an active role in building and maintaining relationships with local media outlets on behalf of the College.
- Establish, maintain and generate content that drives engagement and external advertising campaigns. Work with internal team members to determine the most effective way to communicate messages to specific audiences through appropriate channels for external advertising. Draft content that balances both awareness, engagement and that is integrated into the other promotional efforts for the College and its clients. Create fresh content and actively post and engage on all College channels in collaboration with marketing team members on the college social media platforms.
- Social Media. As the subject matter expert, creates engaging content while managing multiple platforms on behalf of the college. Determines key performance indicators that aid growth and reach by content type and drives successful advertising campaigns on social media.
- Media Relations. Leverage content to create media awareness on behalf of the College through pitching stories, building awareness and relations with local and regional media and coordinate various interviews acting as the point of contact for media and JCCC employees when an interview on campus occurs.
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong working knowledge of online mainstream social media channels and the variance between their targeted audiences
- Ability to adapt tone and develop compelling targeted content through narrative, visuals and other creative means
- Basic understanding of google analytics, SEO and social metrics
- Attention to detail, self-motivated collaborator willing to problem solve and succeed
- Understanding of basic graphic design principals, photographs and marketing strategy to create solid plans for execution
- Creative writing with demonstrated experience in editing, proofreading, fact checking on a variety of topics, sometimes with limited information
- Integration of online advocacy into cross promotional campaigns
- Ability to analyze and translate data setting benchmarks, measuring impact and driving strategy proven by these metrics
Two years of experience in social media, online content or related marketing and branding campaigns
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.Job Location Overland Park, Kansas, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular