Assistant Professor of Nursing - Tenure Track
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Title Assistant Professor of Nursing - Tenure Track Posting Number Fac00399 Employment Type Full-Time Benefits Available Yes Position Summary Information Nature of Work
The Assistant Professor of Nursing assumes responsibility for classroom, laboratory, and clinical instruction as well as teaching, advising, scholarship, and service requirements within the BSN program. This is an academic year position with a tenure-track appointment.Essential Duties
- Teaching in BSN or RN-to-BSN programs
- Use student-centered teaching/learning strategies
- Supervise nursing students in the clinical setting
- Conduct regular office hours
- Participate in advising students
- Participate in Service-Learning activities
- Participate in assessment and scholarship activities
- Serve on college and school committees
- Use active/applied learning strategies when teaching
- Must have a Master’s degree in Nursing and be eligible for a Georgia Nursing License.
- Must have recent clinical experience in the area so Medical Surgical and/or critical care nursing.
- Candidate should exhibit expertise in clinical practice, education, and have the ability and desire to teach in creative and innovative pre-licensure baccalaureate and RN-to-BSN (online) completion programs.
- Candidate must have a commitment to Service-Learning, student-centered learning/teaching methods, and assessment
- Doctorate in nursing or a closely related field.
- Preferred experience instructing Medical-Surgical nursing; nursing Leadership & Management; Mental Health nursing; Health Assessment; Scholarly Writing; Nursing Professional Issues; and Nursing Theory.
- The ability and commitment to use technology and web-based teaching is also preferred
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Based on the University system of Georgia’s policy, official sealed transcripts must be provided upon offer and acceptance of all Faculty positions.
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduPosting Detail Information Open Date 05/16/2019 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * Do you have instructional design and online teaching experience?
- * Are you eligible for Licensure in Georgia?
- * Do you hold a current RN license in Georgia?
- * What will your highest level of education be as of the anticipated start date?
- High School Diploma
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts 1
- Teaching Philosophy
- Transcripts 2
- Transcripts 3
- Other Documents
- Other Documents 1
- Service Learning Philosophy