Development Assistant (OPS) - University Development
Job location: Florida Polytechnic University South at PSC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-05-17
Located along Florida’s I-4 High Tech Corridor, Florida Poly opened its doors in August 2014 as the state’s 12th university and the only one dedicated to core subjects in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM education). The non-traditional academic environment focuses on applied learning, specifically in technology and engineering. Small class sizes give faculty the opportunity to work closely with high-caliber students, and the most advanced technology, including a Supercomputer, 3D printing lab, media lab and nanotechnology lab, sets Florida Poly apart from other state universities. Florida Poly’s innovative approach to higher education allows students to learn strong fundamentals within a traditional university department structure, while giving them opportunities to apply their learning through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations like Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics, Machine Intelligence and more. The University partners closely with industry leading firms, and faculty members are rewarded for more than just publishing. Industry involvement, problem solving, and the commercialization of technology and research through start-ups and small businesses are encouraged. Job Title Development Assistant (OPS) - University Development Job Description Summary SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Development Assistant will provide information (data) entry, research, and administrative support within University Development. Please note: this is an OPS position. Expected end date for the position will be June 30, 2020 with a possible extension annually; however, this does not presume employment through such time. Job Description
- Enters and maintains information by following established information entry techniques and procedures.
- Verifies contact, company and investor information by reviewing, correcting, deleting, entering or reentering information; combining information from different systems; purging files to eliminate duplication of information within Customer Relationship Management (CRM) using established procedures.
- Finds missing information to complete contact, company and investor files using existing systems and processes and requests further information for documents that are incomplete.
- Completes basic research and compiles reports using established systems, reports and processes.
- Assists the team in competing other administrative tasks as required including communicating by phone, email and other printed and electronic means.
- Maintains confidentiality of prospect and investor data according to established University and Foundation confidentiality and privacy rules, policies and procedures.
- Respond effectively to changing workloads and priorities.
- Assist with other information entry, research and administrative projects in the department as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to enter alpha and numeric information into a computer system quickly and with minimum errors
- Ability to multi-task, use personal judgment and utilize strong decision making skills
- Ability to communicate clearly in person, by phone, in print, and by electronic means and process information received in appropriate systems.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to complete paperwork and assigned tasks with short deadlines and minimum supervision.
- Strong technical skills in the use of personal computers, software and other internet and cloud based systems including Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Strong skills in English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate in accordance with Federal, State and local laws and guidelines, including FERPA regulations, Florida State Board of Governors Regulations, Foundation Board and Florida Polytechnic University rules and policies and CASE standards.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently with minimal errors in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and tight deadlines
- High School diploma and one year of related experience
- Information (Data) entry, research and/or administrative experience
- Associate’s degree or some college coursework in an appropriate area of specialization and 3 years of related professional work experience
- Experience with using and maintaining Salesforce or similar CRM system
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. This position is non-exempt OPS, and will be located at the Florida Polytechnic University Administrative Office at Polk State College in Lakeland.
TARGET HIRING SALARY: $14.67 - $15.50/hr., commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled.
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements.This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.