Audio-Visual System Engineer
The Office of Informational Technology is looking for Audio-Visual System Engineer. The successful candidate is a talented, passionate individual with the skill and desire to design, deliver, and maintain an outstanding “Smart Classroom” and audio-visual experience throughout the university. This position frequently requires work outside of normal business hours.
- Work with the University community to provide consulting, design, programming, deployment, and maintenance of control systems and related equipment used through the campus including, but not limited to Distance Learning classrooms, multi-purpose rooms, boardrooms, video conference rooms and common spaces such as the Student Forum — collectively referred to as “Smart Classrooms”
- Design, spec, program and implement the systems and control interfaces that are required for the A/V control environment in Smart Classrooms
- Work directly with a variety of campus community members to ensure all Smart Classrooms and the equipment housed therein are consistently available for use by campus faculty for instructional needs and campus sponsored events.
- Develop and maintain a rotating 5-year plan to ensure that all campus A/V equipment is maintained at supportable levels
- Serve as the campus expert regarding ongoing updates to existing Smart Classrooms and lead the planning of technology needed in new Smart Classrooms spaces.
- Serve as an escalation point for the IT HelpDesk to provide immediate tech support to campus community members as the end users of “Smart Classroom” technologies
- Flexible schedule including the ability to work weekends and evenings on occasion.
- Primary campus expert in the training of campus community members in the use of A/V control equipment, projection equipment, computers, as well as digital and analog audio/video, control., recording, and playback devices.
- Assist the university’s Media Technician for events that require AV support
- Fill in for university’s Media Technician when required
- Familiarity with complex, programmable A/V systems (Extron preferred)
- Skilled in set-up and operation of PA systems
- Self-motivated with the ability to follow directions, complete time-sensitive tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with a true desire to help fellow employees and campus visitors
- Proven ability to learn new technologies
Experience, and Skills
Minimal Qualifications: Completion of secondary education (high school) or equivalent
- 1 year of relevant experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, (written and verbal)
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized
This position frequently requires work outside of normal business hoursPreferred Qualifications:
Experience, and Skills
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree, Electrical or Mechanical
2+ years of experience designing and programming control systems for use in Audio/Video Systems in a higher education environment
- Extron Authorized Programmer
- Extron Control Professional
- Extron ProDSP Specialist
- Extron Control Specialist
- Extron AV Associate
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, bend and stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Occasionally climb portable ladder of more than six feet in height.
Clarkson is committed to complying with the guidelines set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Clarkson University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully passing a background check (including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal records).
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Academic Keys
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Clarkson Website
- Massena-Potsdam Courier Observer
- Hispanic Outlook
- IM Diversity
- Insight Into Diversity
- New York Job Bank
- North Country This Week
- St. Lawrence Plaindealer
- Veterans Administration
- Watertown Daily Times
- Ogdensburg Journal
- Employee Referral
- Alumni Referral
- Conference Referral
- Discipline specific journals
- Discipline specific website
- Times Union
- I do not wish to answer
- * What is the highest level of completed education that you currently hold?
- Highschool Diploma/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- ABD (all but disertation)
- * How do you embrace Diversity?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3