Job location: Pasadena, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-05-16
The Registrar Coordinator provides administrative support for the Office of the Registrar. Responsibilities include performance of variable and complex duties in support. The successful candidate will be an articulate, detailed, organized, results focused, dynamic, and an enthusiastic employee and team player.
- Provides primary administrative assistance to the Registrar’s Office
- Process purchasing requests, obtain quotes, process invoices utilizing Ariett payment system
- Develops and maintain required student records as needed
- Responds to student inquiries in person, by phone, or via e-mail and redirects inquiries to Registrar as indicated
- Collaborates with perspective departments to provide administrative support for special Registrar events and projects (commencement, orientation, workshops, meetings, etc.) as needed
- Works closely with the Associate Registrar to verify accurate course schedules are created and posted in CampusVue
- Generate student id pictures and cards
- Handles confidential information with tact, discretion and in compliance with FERPA regulations.
- Review and identify required website updates
- Review departmental student email accounts and respond to student. Conduct follow-up as needed. Record communication in Campus Vue data system
- Prepare reports, presentations and other documentation utilizing MS office products, and other software programs
- Works closely with Degree Audit Specialist to assist with diploma printing and tracking
- Assist with development of semester room schedule signage
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supervises the Federal student workers
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of higher education policies and procedures.
- Consultative approach to answering questions, addressing concerns, and completing projects.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Understanding of and experience with non-traditional student populations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and professional relationships with students, staff, administration, faculty, adjunct faculty, professional consultants and representatives from all levels of management while maintaining integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Sensitivity and commitment to issues of diversity and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3 years’ office experience, in higher education environment preferred.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge in CampusVue preferred.
Pacific Oaks offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical, vision, and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition discount, and other perks.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.