Federal Work Study- School of Education
Job location: Pasadena, CA
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-05-15
*****This position is only for Federal Work Study eligible students at Pacific Oaks College*****
Federal Work Study - Pasadena Campus
We are looking for a Student Worker for the School of Education!
The School of Education Student Worker will serve as a student representative in the School of Education and provide general office support to the department including the Associate Dean, Program Manager and faculty. This includes general office duties and student support for campus events and projects.
This position is located in Pasadena and reports directly to the Program Manager, School of Education.
- Assist with filing, photocopying, scanning, department correspondence and other general office management services.
- Provide general assistance to faculty and department needs.
- Prepare materials for new student orientations and other department events.
- Assist with compiling departmental data.
- Assist with event planning and coordination.
- Assist in management of booklists, desk copies and other supply inventories.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Punctuality and dependability in maintaining a schedule of attendance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain a professional demeanor.
- Ability to enter data efficiently, timely and correctly in order to meet deadlines.
- Strong organization skills.
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Well-developed verbal, listening, and written communications skills.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be in good standing with the college.
- Must be eligible for Financial Aid.
- Strong computer skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
Pacific Oaks offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical, vision, and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition discount, and other perks.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.