Business Systems Analyst - Identity and Access Management and Enterprise Systems
Job location: Worcester
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-05-14
JOB TITLEBusiness Systems Analyst - Identity and Access Management and Enterprise SystemsLOCATIONWorcesterDEPARTMENT NAMEEnterprise Information SystemsDIVISION NAMEWorcester Polytechnic Institute - WPIJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYWPI is seeking a Business Systems Analyst (BSA) to help with our implementation of a number of new and exciting initiatives. This role will report directly to the Director of the Program Management Office, and will support WPI’s Identity and Access Management (IAM) and other ongoing Enterprise Transformation implementations.
The successful candidate will utilize their analyst skills to guide stakeholders though the business requirements and project management life-cycle. The BSA will primarily scope, map approval flows, document processes and execute on business operational and enterprise-level Identity and Access Management projects, tasks and implementations. The BSA will support the enterprise team by guiding functional teams through the needs requirements gathering, mapping process flow, task execution, and delivering well defined processes and practices.
The BSA will manage an IAM inventory of tasks and work with functional teams across campus to proactively and re-actively identify business needs. Using a collaborative resource management approach the BSA will prioritize campus-wide Identity and Access Management needs and ensure timely delivery of results. As needed, this functional BSA may also be responsible, in partnership with others on-campus, for the complete design, engineer, and deliver of identity and access services to the community.
The BSA will use their understanding of Identity and Access Management testing processes to manage the execution of effective IAM implementation strategies. The ideal individual will possess a desire to share their knowledge of these solutions and process management with other members of Information Technology department and the wider WPI community.
The BSA will take on other analyst roles in support of IT projects as needed throughout the term of employment.JOB DESCRIPTION
Information Technology (IT) collaborates with the WPI community to meet academic, research, campus life, and administrative needs for technology and access on a global scale. IT promotes innovation to deliver an advanced technology infrastructure, security and access management, integrated data systems, and user-centric support services. Join our Information Technology team and help us enable another one-hundred fifty years of WPI’s success.
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
If you want a new challenge and want to make a difference, then WPI can help you get there!
- Identify, document, and manage necessary pieces of a new Identity and Access Management `process
- Work with teams across IT to meet the needs of each and every identity in the various enterprise applications
- Lead and manage implementation testing for enterprise reporting, integrations, and applications; most critically the Saviynt IDM and access governance solution
- Assist in the development of a campus-wide enterprise request framework as an intake mechanism and educate the campus to a new standard request and other identity and access processes
- Monitor identity and access requests/tickets in-progress and effectively and efficiently resolve individual problems
- Create and publishing project progress reports, identify and articulate program risks and resources constraints, and recommend current and future change actions to ensure project(s) completion
- Serve as a resource for university staff, faculty, and students, and in conjunction with the Change Management Team, provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation and provide training to end users on self-serve request mechanisms, system hires, and appropriate security restrictions
- Implement IAM standards and best practices and assist with the communication and management of acceptable data usage policies; help users to ensure compliance and appropriate usage
- Manage the design, maintenance, and execution of testing strategies and plans in support of multiple initiatives
- Identify and document issues during implementation/testing and coordinate corrective action and prepare and present detailed results and status reports for management
- Work with technical and functional teams to develop use cases and user stories in support of multiple approval process and new business initiatives in support of the project
- Manage the requirements life cycle for all initiatives in which the BSA participates
- Build effective working relationships with members of the WPI community
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 2 years related experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to elicitation, translate, define and document to functional specifications and business requirements
- Experience with identity and access management provisioning, tools, and platforms.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills and collaboration experience with both business and technical audiences
- Manage multiple assigned tasks/projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to work autonomously with self-motivation and critical thinking abilities
- Proficiency with MS Office products including PowerPoint, Visio, Project and SharePoint
- Knowledge of Higher Education, Active Directory, Saviynt, Netskope, MS Azure, SSO, and provisioning systems and technologies are preferred.
- Excellent time management, organization, and planning skills.