Assistant Director, Gateway Career Center
Lafayette College: Human Resources: Staff Positions: Development & College Relations
May 17, 2019
The Assistant Director, Gateway Career Center will provide comprehensive career support to students of all majors and class years.
Primary responsibilities include providing career counseling around major selection, internship/job search strategies, interviewing skills, resume and cover letter preparation, employer and industry research, and the graduate/professional school process. In addition, this person will manage our Gateway Ambassador program consisting of between 15-20 students.
Additional duties include presenting workshops and group meetings, assisting with special programs and projects and assist with first destination information gathering. Includes occasional weekends and evenings.
The successful candidate will:
- Be organized, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and flexible.
- Possess strong time-management skills.
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, exhibiting strategic thinking and sound judgement
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have the ability to develop and deliver presentations related to student needs.
- Possess a comfort level learning and using new and emerging technologies as needed.
- Possess strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be willing to develop as a professional in an office that must be responsive to changing job markets and career/student development trends.
- Be willing to work some evenings and weekends as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Master’s degree in Higher Education or related field. The successful candidate must work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, and possess the ability to develop and maintain relationships with diverse constituents. Proficiency in the use of computer technology to support the delivery of career center programs, and knowledge of career counseling techniques and theory is required. The ability to interpret career assessments preferred.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and list of at least three professional references via the online link.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Lafayette College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, religion, age, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law in its educational programs and activities, admissions, or employment as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 (which requires that the College not discriminate on the basis of sex); the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (which requires that the College not discriminate on the basis of disability); Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (which requires that the College not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national origin); and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (which requires that the College not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin); and other applicable laws and College policies.